Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Possible compatibility between fuser unit p4015 vs m4555 (?)

hi, I had to replace a maintenance kit for laserjet p4015, only unfortunately, who takes care of it, ordered the wrong one, apparently for (CE732A) Enterprise M4555MFP / M4555, when I replaced the fuser the printer gives me (jam 13.0.0 .ff), since the supplier does not change it for us, and I see that mechanically it goes up perfectly, I wanted to ask if anyone knows if, I could maybe change the order of the wires of the paper sensor on the connector, to make it compatible, I know that it is not the maximum, but since it costs a lot, I'm sorry to leave it for years on the shelf to collect dust and then throw it away.

thank you in advance

Post Re: Possible compatibility between fuser unit p4015 vs m4555 (?)

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hi, I had to replace a maintenance kit for laserjet p4015, only unfortunately, who takes care of it, ordered the wrong one, apparently for (CE732A) Enterprise M4555MFP / M4555, when I replaced the fuser the printer gives me (jam 13.0.0 .ff), since the supplier does not change it for us, and I see that mechanically it goes up perfectly, I wanted to ask if anyone knows if, I could maybe change the order of the wires of the paper sensor on the connector, to make it compatible, I know that it is not the maximum, but since it costs a lot, I'm sorry to leave it for years on the shelf to collect dust and then throw it away.

thank you in advance
    nobody knows anything about it

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: Possible compatibility between fuser unit p4015 vs m4555 (?)

nobody knows anything about it
    No way that I can see. Maybe someone else knows a workaround.

Capture.JPG

Technician

thank you in advance
    In order to convert the P4015 fuser to M4555 fuser, you will need to do 2 modifications:
    1. After you remove the rear fuser cover you will see 2 connector in the back (White on top and blue on the bottom) Focus on the top==> the 2 close jumper from far right need to move to the middle and the middle connector need to move far right.
    2. You will need to create a new wire connector to go from the available hole right on top of the ground (green and yellow) and connect to the other available hole of the right side heating element connector. ( The P4015 connector has only 1 white cable while the M4555 fuser has 2 white and black)
    Hope this help
    Last edited by atadikohp; 03-26-2021 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    No way that I can see. Maybe someone else knows a workaround.

Capture.JPG

first of all, sorry for the delay in replying, I missed the notifications, then thanks for the advice
    I was wrong to write, it is not the p4015 but the m605 on m4555.
    however even if I haven't tried it yet, I managed to adapt them, it was enough to replace the wiring of the old fuser m605 and mount it on the fuser m4555, and reverse the position of one of the two adapters of the small connector (it was set upside down)

thanks again and best regards to all of you
    Attached Files Attached Files