Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: HP LJ 500 M525 Asking for Permissions SMB

Okay, new update - I checked my wife's quickset and sure enough it looked perfect. Verified access. Everything on the up and up - but, also sure enough, every time you would use it the damn thing would demand credentials, just exactly like the issue you are having. After futzing about with it for a few I decided to create a new quickset from scratch with the same parameters, and boom, that one worked like a charm. I am wondering if it is in fact a firmware bug that glitches on saves every now and again. Of course, you might tell me you have already deleted the quickset and started from scratch and it is still doing it, so... Let me know. It seems I have solved the identical issue at this end. Looking forward to hearing what you find.

For ref we are on FS4 4.7.0.1
    Firmware Revision2407081_000587

Firmware Date Code20190116

Getting ready to update to the August 2020 release - fs4.11.0.1_fw_2411097_060489. As usual with techs, our own equipment doesn't get the love it deserves because we are too busy putting out other people's fires.

Granted, there'll be a diff between 525 and 575 firmware, but you may still want to look at an update if you aren't already there.

MRS

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: HP LJ 500 M525 Asking for Permissions SMB

Some additional info that may or may not be important - My wife was using Firefox when she set up her quickset. I was using Chrome.

I mention this because Firefox had issues a while back with the Xerox EWS on Altalinks and Versalinks. Apparently it was flipping a bit or some such whenever you would try to enter the admin password to access the EWS and giving an authentication error. Don't know if this is/was an issue with HP, or if you were using Firefox. Just thought I would mention it just in case.

MRS