Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    HP Designjet T2600PS paper jams, 0065-0006-0059

So I have some suspicions ... I'm looking for some confirmation.
    Errors 0065-0006-0059, 0065-0001-0001, 0065-0002-0008, 0065-0006-0008

I think this one of those perfect storm situations. It's a 30" roll, so the pinch arm rides along on the right spindle. It's a 2" roll, so there's a lot of curl toward the end of the roll. And since the pinch arm pressure becomes more and more uneven (left side diminishing, right side staying tight against the spindle), and the roll gets lighter and lighter, I believe that the left side of the roll lifts up, losing rewinding, and buckling the paper .. catching the carriage.

So I thought of three things that might help:
    1) I removed the right pinch arm, so the tension is even across the roll on the 30" roll paper, all the way to the end.
    2) I've got 3" core adapters ordered, thinking that there will be less curl to deal with.
    3) I thought of shifting the 30 inch roll to the lower paper roll. It has a longer paper path, perhaps resisting some of the skew.

Perhaps just one of these might solve it?

Does that make any sense? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP Designjet T2600PS paper jams, 0065-0006-0059

That all makes sense to me, and removing the pinch arms from the roll cover is a good idea. I have a T2350 that they use 30 and 15" rolls on and I removed both of those pinch arms from the roll covers because they had been just grinding against the spindle. It had been that way for over a year but my contact at HP suggested removing them, so I did. Make sure the roll isn't spinning on the spindle; make sure you can't easily turn the roll when mounted on the spindle because that will throw off the rewinding process. You can put some tape around the fixed spindle to make it fit more tightly inside the roll. Also make sure the tube in the roll doesn't spin inside the roll. Make sure there's no paper left hiding in the paper path somewhere. I find using the cardboard from the back of a pad of paper works; push it through from the front so it appears in the carriage path. Only go in and out, not side to side! But pass it through from end to end. My T2350 was having weird paper problems and I found a piece of paper about the size of a quarter was stuck in the paper path on the left end.

I don't think it's because of paper curl, but I don't know what kind of paper they're using. If it's something like Heavyweight Coated, then yeah it could be a curl issue. Thinner media doesn't seem to have that problem, in my experience.

Kiran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran Otter View Post
    That all makes sense to me, and removing the pinch arms from the roll cover is a good idea. I have a T2350 that they use 30 and 15" rolls on and I removed both of those pinch arms from the roll covers because they had been just grinding against the spindle. It had been that way for over a year but my contact at HP suggested removing them, so I did. ...
    This enduser uses 36" and 24" rolls intermittently, and neither one seems to have the issue.

... Make sure the roll isn't spinning on the spindle; make sure you can't easily turn the roll when mounted on the spindle because that will throw off the rewinding process. You can put some tape around the fixed spindle to make it fit more tightly inside the roll. Also make sure the tube in the roll doesn't spin inside the roll....
    I have dealt with a couple rewinder issues recently, so that was fresh in my head. On one machine the enduser had installed a 3" paper roll on 2" spindles. On another the left spindle was falling apart, slipping against the inside of the tube. So I did check those things. I this case though, I think the uneven-ness of pressure may have lifted the roll out of the rewinder drive gears.

... Make sure there's no paper left hiding in the paper path somewhere. I find using the cardboard from the back of a pad of paper works; push it through from the front so it appears in the carriage path. Only go in and out, not side to side! But pass it through from end to end. My T2350 was having weird paper problems and I found a piece of paper about the size of a quarter was stuck in the paper path on the left end. ...
    I came across something like this a few weeks ago, but on that Designjet T2500 the end of the paper roll must have been folded over or bunched up in some way. It left a wadded up section of paper 300mm wide by 50mm when flattened out, right in the center of the path. And the cardboard wouldn't budge it. I removed the rear paper path to get to it.

... I don't think it's because of paper curl, but I don't know what kind of paper they're using. If it's something like Heavyweight Coated, then yeah it could be a curl issue. Thinner media doesn't seem to have that problem, in my experience. ...
    Nothing exciting about this media ~75gsm standard not-glossy bond paper.

The reason I thought about curl was that I had a Canon iPF a while back, that I noticed 20 rolls of paper leaning against the wall, each with 5 or less wraps of paper on them. The enduser said that the carriage would catch the edge of the paper when it got that small. I loaded a couple of those rolls, and true enough. Even just loading, the curl of the paper would overcome the paper path vacuum and snag the bottom of the carriage. This also was 75gsm not-glossy bond media. But if you think of it practically, 35" of paper isn't even enough paper to do one Arch D print. And the paper manufacturer probably gave you a little extra paper on the roll to meet the minimum 300', so no great loss.

Thanks for your comments. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 04-24-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    ... The reason I thought about curl was that I had a Canon iPF a while back, that I noticed 20 rolls of paper leaning against the wall, each with 5 or less wraps of paper on them. The enduser said that the carriage would catch the edge of the paper when it got that small. I loaded a couple of those rolls, and true enough. Even just loading, the curl of the paper would overcome the paper path vacuum and snag the bottom of the carriage. This also was 75gsm not-glossy bond media. But if you think of it practically, 35" of paper isn't even enough paper to do one Arch D print. And the paper manufacturer probably gave you a little extra paper on the roll to meet the minimum 300', so no great loss. ...
    I wonder if setting a specific roll length might avoid this situation? In most cases I recommend that endusers choose "Unknown" roll length so it uses all the paper on the roll. Maybe this is a good reason for selecting 300', and tossing the last few wraps of paper?
    =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I don't know what the behavior is when the printer reaches a length of zero for the roll. I assume it's just informational and continues to print until the physical end of the roll is reached. I can't see anything mentioned in the user guide about it. Would be nice if it stopped and said something like 'not enough media'.

I also noticed with my customer, the end of the roll of paper they get are have about 3" folded over at the end and when this gets pulled into the printer it often causes a paper jam.

Kiran

I also noticed with my customer, the end of the roll of paper they get are have about 3" folded over at the end and when this gets pulled into the printer it often causes a paper jam.

Kiran
    I wondered about that possibility.

On another occasion the enduser showed me the last 3 wraps of paper wrinkled and wavy. If you watched it printing, you could see the right edge pick up off the vacuum bed, then the left edge, then the right edge ...
    There isn't much I can do about poorly wrapped paper rolls. =^..^=