HP LaserJet CC519A 59.FO error

Hello,
    I'm looking for advice on fixing my HP LaserJet CC519A. I'm getting the 59.FO error. I'm an end user with no experience with printing machines.

I have done the following:

- replaced the ITB unit
    - manually checked the SR17 sensor (it's functional)

What I've tried to do but don't know how to do properly is the following:

10.Open the right door and defeat the interlock switch. With the ITB removed, perform the ITB contact/Alienation test.
    From the printer control panel access Trouble Shooting /Diagnostics Menu
    Locate and select Component Test
    Press the down arrow to highlight ITB Contact/Alienation, then press OK. During the test (about 20 seconds), observe the alienation drive hub located above the Cyan cartridge.
    If the alienation drive hub does not rotate, the fu
    ser drive is most likely the problem. Replace the fuser drive assembly.

If I leave the right door open or the front door open the ITB Contact/Alienation test does not run. If I close both of them I cannot see what's happening above the Cyan cartridge but the test runs and what I see is the "wheel" where the printed paper comes out is turning.

Any suggestions what can I try to do next?

If you suggestion is "take it to service", then I have the following question - How high do you think the repair cost could be? Please give me at least the lowest and highest estimation.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP LaserJet CC519A 59.FO error

Quote Originally Posted by Crodahaka View Post
    Hello,
    I'm looking for advice on fixing my HP LaserJet CC519A. I'm getting the 59.FO error. I'm an end user with no experience with printing machines.

I have done the following:

- replaced the ITB unit
    - manually checked the SR17 sensor (it's functional)

What I've tried to do but don't know how to do properly is the following:

10.Open the right door and defeat the interlock switch. With the ITB removed, perform the ITB contact/Alienation test.
    From the printer control panel access Trouble Shooting /Diagnostics Menu
    Locate and select Component Test
    Press the down arrow to highlight ITB Contact/Alienation, then press OK. During the test (about 20 seconds), observe the alienation drive hub located above the Cyan cartridge.
    If the alienation drive hub does not rotate, the fu
    ser drive is most likely the problem. Replace the fuser drive assembly.

If I leave the right door open or the front door open the ITB Contact/Alienation test does not run. If I close both of them I cannot see what's happening above the Cyan cartridge but the test runs and what I see is the "wheel" where the printed paper comes out is turning.

If you suggestion is "take it to service", then I have the following question - How high do you think the repair cost could be? Please give me at least the lowest and highest estimation.
    there is no set price for laser repair across the country, best thing to do is call around and get service pricing.

yes this is above your pay grade

** Alienation test is not to be run with the ITB out of the machine.. don't know where you got that idea. Just proves my point HIRE A TECH.

Thank you for the reply. If there are no other suggestions/information then the thread can be locked

Thank you for the reply. If there are no other suggestions/information then the thread can be locked
    threads don't get locked.

this site is located in the USA.. people round here are just getting going for the day.

we are all working folks there is no dedicated staff to answer questions.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Hello,

A CM3530 with a 59.F0 error most likely (better than 95% of the time in my experience) will need a fuser drive assembly replaced. We've seen this issue more times than I care to count.

A good, experienced tech who has done this more than once will probably be able to do it in about 2 hours give or take - if they have room to spread out as this requires a major disassembly of the unit. A tech who has never done it would probably take 3-4. A novice with mechanical ability who can follow a service manual - probably longer, but who knows.

If it were in my shop you'd be looking at 4 bills, minimum, assuming there's nothing else wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Murv View Post
    A CM3530 with a 59.F0 error most likely (better than 95% of the time in my experience) will need a fuser drive assembly replaced. We've seen this issue more times than I care to count.

A good, experienced tech who has done this more than once will probably be able to do it in about 2 hours give or take - if they have room to spread out as this requires a major disassembly of the unit. A tech who has never done it would probably take 3-4. A novice with mechanical ability who can follow a service manual - probably longer, but who knows.

If it were in my shop you'd be looking at 4 bills, minimum, assuming there's nothing else wrong.
    i had it down to 1.5 hrs... with two tables to spread parts out on.

NOT A ROOKIE/END USER JOB AT ALL!

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i had it down to 1.5 hrs... with two tables to spread parts out on.

NOT A ROOKIE/END USER JOB AT ALL!
    Yep. The key is having a place to spread out. If you can do that you're golden. If not, it takes a little longer.

Sharp & HP Tech 100+ Posts austonrush's Avatar

Post Re: HP LaserJet CC519A 59.FO error

As you are an end user and not a tech I would strongly suggest you keep all screws with each component and repair it in a very orderly fashion, stacking everything up neatly in the order you remove it. You are going to need some space.

You will need a service manual! With no experience this will take you probably 4-6 hours. I can do this in just under 2.

You will need RM1-4974 (GOOD LUCK)!