Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    certified scrub 500+ Posts
    M605 - Jams First job of the day

Re: M605 - Jams First job of the day

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Well.....I returned the printer today and after explaining that I was unable to duplicate the issue over 3 days and several hundred pages, I powered it up and it jammed on the very first page!
    But this time it continued doing so after removing the paper.

I grabbed another toner cartridge off the shelf, popped it in, and no jam. Reinstalled the old cartridge..... Jam.
    I did it 4 more times just to be sure, and it did it every single time.

I can't see anything physically wrong with the drum hub, or gears on the cartridge, and it turns freely by hand, but there's apparently something that's not quite right. Seems that maybe the actuator on the cover possibly isn't seating correctly on that cartridge when yo close it.

Must admit...I'm a little embarrassed that it ended up being just a toner cartridge, but I've never seen one fail in such a strange and intermittent way before.

I'm glad it showed up again while I was there ( and not next week), and also became more persistent. It sure makes troubleshooting easier when you can witness the problem, and do things that change the behavior.

I appreciate all your input and conversation though!
    There maybe two problems.... You maybe exhausted and the toner cartridge seem to be the cause due to fatigue and handling of the components. (long day, same problem, calls piling up...so on and so forth).

the actual problem maybe still there.

*first jam of the day seldom changes to jam every page...

** if one of these days you get there early enough before they print, check for water on fuser exit. Moisture as mentioned warp paper, and warp paper hits guides and missed timing...

if it had fix it self, then lets never mention this again
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmaister View Post
    There maybe two problems.... You maybe exhausted and the toner cartridge seem to be the cause due to fatigue and handling of the components. (long day, same problem, calls piling up...so on and so forth).

the actual problem maybe still there.

*first jam of the day seldom changes to jam every page...

** if one of these days you get there early enough before they print, check for water on fuser exit. Moisture as mentioned warp paper, and warp paper hits guides and missed timing...

if it had fix it self, then lets never mention this again
    Well it's been five weeks without an issue, so I'm even MORE confident that the issue is resolved than I was when I reported that it had been.
    (And I'm also well rested )

certified scrub 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Well it's been five weeks without an issue, so I'm even MORE confident that the issue is resolved than I was when I reported that it had been.
    (And I'm also well rested )
    oh boy... i didnt check the date...

you know what this job does to ya...

Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Download and install free Hp Printer Drivers - www.hpcom.support

Hpcom Support Helps HP Printer users to download and install All Hp Printers drivers. We also provide all possible solutions to fix hp Printer problems. If you face any issue in install Hp printer driver or having other problems with the hp Printer, you can follow our 100 % working solutions. In case you can’t able to continue printing, then feel free to contact us. We are happy to serve you.