Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    HP M605 faded (vertical) streaks down the page

Re: HP M605 faded (vertical) streaks down the page

Quote Originally Posted by rapha View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I'm also aware of that. Can't blame HP if third-party components really do damage their products and consequently their image. I heard they even went as far as removing the old firmware versions from their website so you won't be able to downgrade back.

Too late though, I already upgraded the firmware to latest. But it's alright since we don't plan to use 3rd party toners anyway.

I personally find the printer to be very well made and a joy to use, it just doesn't feel right to pair it with anything else other than original cartridges.
    After market supplies have always been a problem. Years ago a local RV dealer called because their small HP Laserjet started making dirty print. I went out to check it and the first thing I noticed was that they had a rebuilt cartridge in it. I asked if the old catridge was still around and she puled it out of the waste basket. I shook a few time to loosen any remaining toner, put it in and ran a test print - perfect.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    After market supplies have always been a problem. Years ago a local RV dealer called because their small HP Laserjet started making dirty print. I went out to check it and the first thing I noticed was that they had a rebuilt cartridge in it. I asked if the old catridge was still around and she puled it out of the waste basket. I shook a few time to loosen any remaining toner, put it in and ran a test print - perfect.
    that's why I call them " turd party " toners.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Don't know if you got back to checking this machine. Since you mention "that rubber roller", it's the transfer roller. It's rather rare you have to replace them, but they do occasionally get bad. It's a cheap and easy part to replace.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmw View Post
    Don't know if you got back to checking this machine. Since you mention "that rubber roller", it's the transfer roller. It's rather rare you have to replace them, but they do occasionally get bad. It's a cheap and easy part to replace.
    he said he cleaned the transfer roller he also made note of this:

there seems to be a roller of rubber material in contact with the drum. The rubber material seems to have white streaks and blotches on it as if moisture seeped deep into the material then dried very slowly.

that roller he is talking about is the PCR primary charge roller located in the Toner cart. problems with the PCR can cause all sorts of problems.

if he felt adventurous he could dismantle the toner cart .. remove the PCR and clean it with Nu Finish car polish .. apply .. buff off.. apply ..buff off.

It can take up to three applications to clean the PCR properly ( this was a trick I learned decades ago working for a company that refurbed HP toner carts)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nu-Finish...2&gclsrc=3p.ds