Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Vertical white streaks HP Officejet Pro x576dw

I have an HP Officejet Pro x576dw that’s printing pages like the one attached below. Any idea what can be causing that? The cartridges are new and genuine HP.

I’m not close to that location so I can’t just stop in there to take a look in person however I did come across this link which may be my answer but wanted to ask around first.

HP OfficeJet Pro X476 and X576 MFP Series Printers - Interpret the print quality page | HP(R) Customer Support

If your Print Quality Report has defects like the ones in the table above, clean the printhead as follow:
    1. Load the printer with regular, unused white paper.
    2. Press the Home button on the printer front panel.
    3. Press Setup.
    4. Press Tools.
    5. Select Clean Printhead. The cleaning process has several steps. After each of them, the Print Quality Report prints again. Evaluate each of these pages to determine if the original defect has been fixed – if it has, there is no reason to go on to the next cleaning stage.
      Tip: Number each of the Print Quality Diagnostic Pages so you don’t lose track of the prints later.
    6. If your problem is smeared ink on the back of the page, try the following steps:
      1. Press the Home button on the printer front panel.
      2. Press Setup.
      3. Press Tools.
      4. Select Clean Ink Smear.

7. If you finish the cleaning process and still see defects on the Print Quality Report, retry cleaning, especially if you have seen improvement in the Print Quality Diagnostic Pages.
    8. If the Print Quality Report still shows defects after a second cleaning, go to the final section of this document to service the printer.
      Special case: If the defect on the Print Quality Report is color variation across the bars (see the table of defects above), and if the problem seems to go away after a cleaning, but then reoccurs in the same location on the color bar the next day:
      1. Check to see if any of the following are true:
        • Prior to the print quality problem, the printer was unused for more than 3 weeks
        • The printer was recently moved or experienced a large temperature shift
        • There was a recent paper jam
        • The print quality problem seems to be getting better as the printer is used (especially if prints with dense backgrounds are printed)

2. If none of the conditions above are true, the color problem is likely to reoccur, even if a cleaning fixes it temporarily. Go to the final section of this document to service the printer.
      3. If any of the conditions above are true, a printhead recovery may solve the problem. Contact HP for assistance with this step.

IMG_2642.jpg

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Vertical white streaks HP Officejet Pro x576dw

Quote Originally Posted by pstoric83 View Post
    I have an HP Officejet Pro x576dw that’s printing pages like the one attached below. Any idea what can be causing that? The cartridges are new and genuine HP.

I’m not close to that location so I can’t just stop in there to take a look in person however I did come across this link which may be my answer but wanted to ask around first.

HP OfficeJet Pro X476 and X576 MFP Series Printers - Interpret the print quality page | HP(R) Customer Support

IMG_2642.jpg

if you ran clean printhead w/ no improvement replace the carts wiper and capping station.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    if you ran clean printhead w/ no improvement replace the carts wiper and capping station.
    I haven't run anything yet. I'm going to suggest to the only user that goes onsite to do that procedure but was wondering if it could be anything else.

I haven't run anything yet. I'm going to suggest to the only user that goes onsite to do that procedure but was wondering if it could be anything else.
    nope it's the carts.. go onsite clean the wiper docking/capping station.

Technician

nope it's the carts.. go onsite clean the wiper docking/capping station.
    Is there a service manual that shows what to do?

Is there a service manual that shows what to do?

HP Service Manuals

Technician

Perfect, thanks!

Technician

I went through the manual but did not find anything about a docking/capping station? Can it be called something else?