Technician
    HP T1600 Wide Format Plotter needs to be moved downstairs

Just looking for recommendations, as I have never had to move a machine already setup downstairs. I figured I might need to remove service station so no purged ink spills out since the machine will be slanted to some degree coming down the stairs. There will be no way to keep the machine perfectly level carrying it down the stairs. What else would need to be done to machine to prepare for the move? Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP T1600 Wide Format Plotter needs to be moved downstairs

Unless you're going to turn the printer upside down... I don't think you have to remove the service station. But if you want to be sure, it's not that involved to get it out. And if the printer has had decent use, I would replace it while you're at it.

Only other thing (which I find a lot of people don't realize) is you can detach the printer from the stand. Other than that I would remove the rolls/spindles.

Kiran

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blee View Post
    Just looking for recommendations, as I have never had to move a machine already setup downstairs. I figured I might need to remove service station so no purged ink spills out since the machine will be slanted to some degree coming down the stairs. There will be no way to keep the machine perfectly level carrying it down the stairs. What else would need to be done to machine to prepare for the move? Thanks.
    hire bonded movers to move it. instruct them on what to do/not do.

that way your company won't be held responsible for damages.

like Kiran said remove the stand to reduce weight and you'll be able to keep it more level.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

A few months ago I had a T2530 that the enduser moved up 3 floors of stairs (without telling us). The first thing they noticed was ink running down the left leg. A week later enough of that ink reached the rewinder timing disc, and that errored out. I could not get enough of the ink off of the disc to make it run, so new rewinder assy. Two weeks later more of that ink found the four sensors in the left ISS. On a lark, I bathed the left ISS in sink of hot water, sensors and all. To my surprise, I got enough of the ink out of the sensors to restore function.

I think I've found most of the spilled ink in the left side. We'll see what's next.

If it were me, I'd remove the ink stations, and service station, and plug the hoses and orifaces before tipping. It will also be more manageable without the legs, just 4 screws. Don't leave it disassembled any longer than absolutely necessary. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=