Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Pagewide XL 4000 network issue

I'll preface with my knowledge on Wide Format of any type would fit on a postage stamp, but Sales never lets training or knowledge stop a sale...Upon delivery of a new 4000 we found it had been handled pretty roughly, broken door, wiring connections unseated..Wound up replacing with a new one to keep the customer happy. We have since got everything back to where it should except for networking. The machine will not pull a DHCP IP (my laptop will pull DHCP), nor can I connect to it with manual settings..10.10.141.xxx/255.255.255.0. Setting the NIC to manual gives me a connected message in the network tab, but I am unable to ping the set address. Tech has replaced NIC and some cables recommended by HP bit no joy.. I am a little confused on the control panel network setting themselves..IPV4 has been set to DHCP and manual, IPV6 is disabled, but there is a 2nd setting for auto IP. (assigns the IPPA address scheme) not sure what this needs to be set to when I choose manual settings. NIC LEDs--one steady green, 1 intermittent orange flashing. I have the config guide, but I'm getting stumped on this. Any ideas as to why I cannot get a network connection? TIA E

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Pagewide XL 4000 network issue

Re: Pagewide XL 4000 network issue

I would use the option to restore the factory defaults on the NIC, restart the printer, then print the configuration report and see what it says for an IP address. You're right to disable IPV6; every HP printer I've encountered with IPV6 enabled had some sort of issue. The Auto IP should be disabled by default; it's for when you're using a peer to peer connection with no gateway.

You may not be able to ping it unless the embedded web server is enabled through the front panel, and even then I can't say for sure you can still ping it.. it's a security thing.

Kiran