Senior Tech 250+ Posts

HP M477 Transfer Belt

I've replaced the TR belt in these models a dozen or so times without any issues. However, the last two have been frustrating. First of all, the old transfer belt has been extremely difficult to remove. Extremely..Not sure why I'm suddenly have to
    fight to get it out. The 2 white plastic latches on the side seem to unlatch ok, but still very hard to remove belt...???
    Secondly, on the new belt, the two plastic latches on the side seem almost impossible to reseat. Sometimes the latch towards the rear just won't latch. ??
    Any tips on this ? Hopefully, someone has seen this agrevatting issue

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP M477 Transfer Belt

Re: HP M477 Transfer Belt

Regarding removing the belt make sure the drum tray is slid out but no need to remove it and give the plastic latches another wiggle usually they are just being a bit awkward.

About the second issue make sure the slot in the parts indicated in the picture are upright if you look carefully the slot in one is thicker than the other this one needs to be upright.

What I do is turn the machine on its side (engine pcb side) and the white latches should just drop into place here is an exaggerated picture.

When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

Re: HP M477 Transfer Belt

Shake it, sugaree.