Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartridges

Hi
    it's about hp 203A color cartridges for Laserjet M280fdn, which after refilling, demo page prints with entire YELLOW background!
    Tried to print configuration pages, first one printed ok with no background but the second page had a horizontal yellow bar in the middle of the page.
    Also blank printing has the same entire yellow background.
    OPC drum and PCR has been changed with no effect.
    when changing the pcr & DRUM , I noticed the yellow toner was pouring out a little bit around pcr and wiper blade !

I wonder if it's about the chipsets,but I'm not sure and didn't change them.
    the test pages scanned and attached here.

If you had similar experience , any comments and solution would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Scan10004.JPGScan10001.JPGScan10002.JPG
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 06-29-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Hp Laserjet M280fdn  prints yellow entire  background after refilling 203A cartridges

Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

Quote Originally Posted by parsmehregan View Post
    Hi
    it's about hp 203A color cartridges for Laserjet M280fdn, which after refilling, demo page prints with entire YELLOW background!
    Tried to print configuration pages, first one printed ok with no background but the second page had a horizontal yellow bar in the middle of the page.
    when changing the pcr & DRUM , I noticed the yellow toner was pouring out a little bit around pcr and wiper blade !

Thanks

Hp doesn't like refilled or turd party toners

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

Is that because of high voltage in Yellow Cartridge?

Hp Laserjet M280fdn  prints yellow entire  background after refilling 203A cartridges

Is that because of high voltage in Yellow Cartridge?
    No it's because of incorrect ratios.. and inferior formulations of toner.
    Toners like that can void ANY warranty across all major brands.
    And the drums are oftened reused.
    Beside they leak a lot and can damage parts in the machine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    No it's because of incorrect ratios.. and inferior formulations of toner.
    Toners like that can void ANY warranty across all major brands.
    And the drums are oftened reused.
    Beside they leak a lot and can damage parts in the machine.

But why just the yellow cartridge has this issue, the other color and black cartridges has been refilled with the same toner and seem to have no problem with toner quality.

Also The hp printer model is M281fdn.(mistyped!)

Indentured Servant 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Hi

Thanks

Check where the cartridge contacts inside the printer. Very likely toner fell on one of the yellow ones interfering with the developer bias or drum ground.

But why just the yellow cartridge has this issue, the other color and black cartridges has been refilled with the same toner and seem to have no problem with toner quality.

Also The hp printer model is M281fdn.(mistyped!)
    You could try to take cart check off then swap Y with another toner.
    If it travels to New position then it's the AIO cart.. if not then it's the contacts or board.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    You could try to take cart check off then swap Y with another toner.
    If it travels to New position then it's the AIO cart.. if not then it's the contacts or board.

I've tried to do this before but couldn't find that option in printer panel set up.It should be under Diagnostic,but in that section there is just Fax one.There is no such option in other menus .

Also from the system control panel,printer properties,there wasn't that option either.
    Printer Model Is hp M281fdn ,I wonder if it has such an option to"disable cartridge check"!
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 07-01-2021 at 05:50 AM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The service Manual for this model could be helpful. If anyone has or knows where could it be downloaded please leave a comment.

HP Color LaserJet Pro M153-M154/MFP M178-M181/M253-M254/MFP M278-M281 Service Manual

Technician

I'm going to step out on a limb and say, the problem is the yellow toner cartridge.