Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    19

    Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartridges

    Hi
    it's about hp 203A color cartridges for Laserjet M280fdn, which after refilling, demo page prints with entire YELLOW background!
    Tried to print configuration pages, first one printed ok with no background but the second page had a horizontal yellow bar in the middle of the page.
    Also blank printing has the same entire yellow background.
    OPC drum and PCR has been changed with no effect.
    when changing the pcr & DRUM , I noticed the yellow toner was pouring out a little bit around pcr and wiper blade !

    I wonder if it's about the chipsets,but I'm not sure and didn't change them.
    the test pages scanned and attached here.


    If you had similar experience , any comments and solution would be appreciated.
    Thanks

    Scan10004.JPGScan10001.JPGScan10002.JPG
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 06-29-2021 at 06:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Hp Laserjet M280fdn  prints yellow entire  background after refilling 203A cartridges

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Quote Originally Posted by parsmehregan View Post
    Hi
    it's about hp 203A color cartridges for Laserjet M280fdn, which after refilling, demo page prints with entire YELLOW background!
    Tried to print configuration pages, first one printed ok with no background but the second page had a horizontal yellow bar in the middle of the page.
    Also blank printing has the same entire yellow background.
    OPC drum and PCR has been changed with no effect.
    when changing the pcr & DRUM , I noticed the yellow toner was pouring out a little bit around pcr and wiper blade !

    I wonder if it's about the chipsets,but I'm not sure and didn't change them.
    the test pages scanned and attached here.


    If you had similar experience , any comments and solution would be appreciated.
    Thanks

    Scan10004.JPGScan10001.JPGScan10002.JPG
    Hp doesn't like refilled or turd party toners

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Is that because of high voltage in Yellow Cartridge?

  4. #4
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Hp Laserjet M280fdn  prints yellow entire  background after refilling 203A cartridges

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Quote Originally Posted by parsmehregan View Post
    Is that because of high voltage in Yellow Cartridge?
    No it's because of incorrect ratios.. and inferior formulations of toner.
    Toners like that can void ANY warranty across all major brands.
    And the drums are oftened reused.
    Beside they leak a lot and can damage parts in the machine.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    No it's because of incorrect ratios.. and inferior formulations of toner.
    Toners like that can void ANY warranty across all major brands.
    And the drums are oftened reused.
    Beside they leak a lot and can damage parts in the machine.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    But why just the yellow cartridge has this issue, the other color and black cartridges has been refilled with the same toner and seem to have no problem with toner quality.

    Also The hp printer model is M281fdn.(mistyped!)

  6. #6
    Indentured Servant 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,094
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Quote Originally Posted by parsmehregan View Post
    Hi
    it's about hp 203A color cartridges for Laserjet M280fdn, which after refilling, demo page prints with entire YELLOW background!
    Tried to print configuration pages, first one printed ok with no background but the second page had a horizontal yellow bar in the middle of the page.
    Also blank printing has the same entire yellow background.
    OPC drum and PCR has been changed with no effect.
    when changing the pcr & DRUM , I noticed the yellow toner was pouring out a little bit around pcr and wiper blade !

    I wonder if it's about the chipsets,but I'm not sure and didn't change them.
    the test pages scanned and attached here.


    If you had similar experience , any comments and solution would be appreciated.
    Thanks

    Scan10004.JPGScan10001.JPGScan10002.JPG
    Check where the cartridge contacts inside the printer. Very likely toner fell on one of the yellow ones interfering with the developer bias or drum ground.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Hp Laserjet M280fdn  prints yellow entire  background after refilling 203A cartridges

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Quote Originally Posted by parsmehregan View Post
    But why just the yellow cartridge has this issue, the other color and black cartridges has been refilled with the same toner and seem to have no problem with toner quality.

    Also The hp printer model is M281fdn.(mistyped!)
    You could try to take cart check off then swap Y with another toner.
    If it travels to New position then it's the AIO cart.. if not then it's the contacts or board.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    You could try to take cart check off then swap Y with another toner.
    If it travels to New position then it's the AIO cart.. if not then it's the contacts or board.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I've tried to do this before but couldn't find that option in printer panel set up.It should be under Diagnostic,but in that section there is just Fax one.There is no such option in other menus .

    Also from the system control panel,printer properties,there wasn't that option either.
    Printer Model Is hp M281fdn ,I wonder if it has such an option to"disable cartridge check"!
    Last edited by parsmehregan; 07-01-2021 at 05:50 AM.

  9. #9
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    The service Manual for this model could be helpful. If anyone has or knows where could it be downloaded please leave a comment.

    HP Color LaserJet Pro M153-M154/MFP M178-M181/M253-M254/MFP M278-M281 Service Manual

  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    GAINESVILLE
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Hp Laserjet M280fdn prints yellow entire background after refilling 203A cartri

    I'm going to step out on a limb and say, the problem is the yellow toner cartridge.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here