Technician

HP CP4525 - Spooler needs to be reset after each job

Hi. I have a HP CP4525 and it refuses to print a new job unless I restart the Print Spooler service.

When you send a job to the printer it doesn't print until you go into the services on the server and restart the print spooler. This has to be done for each individual job.

The printer only has a meter count of 25000. We have 3 of these connected to our network the other 2 work well and have meter counts ion the hundreds of thousands.

They are connected by ethernet and are shared on the domain by our Windows 2012 R2 server. I have also tried adding the printer directly to my windows 10 PC over the network and have the same issue.

When added as a printer on my PC again I have to restart the print spooler service on my PC for it to print.

When I connect it to a device over usb it works fine.

I was hoping someone might have an idea why this is happening and be able to offer some advice.

Thanks Martyn
    Last edited by wotsyobeef; 07-16-2021 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added additional information

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: HP CP4525 - Spooler needs to be reset after each job

Quote Originally Posted by wotsyobeef View Post
    Hi. I have a HP CP4525 and it refuses to print a new job unless I restart the Print Spooler service.

When you send a job to the printer it doesn't print until you go into the services on the server and restart the print spooler. This has to be done for each individual job.

The printer only has a meter count of 25000. We have 3 of these connected to our network the other 2 work well and have meter counts ion the hundreds of thousands.

They are connected by ethernet and are shared on the domain by our Windows 2012 R2 server. I have also tried adding the printer directly to my windows 10 PC over the network and have the same issue.

When added as a printer on my PC again I have to restart the print spooler service on my PC for it to print.

When I connect it to a device over usb it works fine.

I was hoping someone might have an idea why this is happening and be able to offer some advice.

Thanks Martyn
    Bet it was added as a WSD port.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Bet it was added as a WSD port.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Thank you Phil, solved it

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

OMG this WSD nonsense has been absolutely killing me lately. I had a customer with a Windows 10 laptop that refused to print to a Pagewide, and if changed it to use the IP address it would print, but they couldn't scan. I tried everything I could think of and finally just wiped the laptop and installed 10 from scratch, then the drivers, and it worked correctly after. I've complained to HP a number of times about these issues and my contact is like 'yeah, it's a problem.'

Kiran

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

One of the most important sanity checks you can make is to turn off WSD on any printer you come across. If the feature is disabled on the printer or MFP, Windows can't override the connection you set on the device.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk