Technician

HP MFP E77822 copies out black page.

Hi Everyone, I have this HP model that copies out black page when an original is fed through the dual document feeder to do a one sided copy.

If I do a copy on the platen glass the copy out is fine.
    If I do double side copy, only the 2nd side prints ok but the 1st side is black.
    Printing from PC is all good.
    I checked the lamps home positioning and is ok.
    I further observed that, when I feed an original through the dual scan document feeder the scanner lamp comes on so quickly then goes off then the paper passes the scan glass while the scanner lamp is off.
    Since copying from the platen glass is fine which tells me the scanner lamp is ok, I am suspecting a timing issue between the scanner lamp and the paper feeding through the dual scan Doc Feeder. Most likely a firmware issue.

And since the admin and service accounts are password protected I couldn't print error / event logs to check on any error codes. I have to collect passwords tomorrow morning from the user.

If anyone who have came across similar issue confirm if the cause of this issue is firmware related.

Regards
    Last edited by nelo; 07-28-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Re: HP MFP E77822 copies out black page.

Hi there!
    I think that the CIS in the ADF is gone (happens very often). I hope thereīs warranty, so you can change the ADF. I canīt find any partsno. for the CIS.
    Greetings...

Technician

Re: HP MFP E77822 copies out black page.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    I think that the CIS in the ADF is gone (happens very often). I hope thereīs warranty, so you can change the ADF. I canīt find any partsno. for the CIS.
    Greetings...
    Thank you for your reply. I Was able to fix this issue today. I downloaded the updated firmware and uploaded into the machine. I did a test copy and it came out just right.

Thanks!