Senior Tech 100+ Posts

p4015 jams at registration

getting 13.01 errors and paper will be crumpled under the registration assembly. i've had it run 40-50 pages with no jam-then jams. new rollers installed last week, no paper issues. paper jammed in reg assembly is hitting assembly crooked and catches? on the pre feed sensor. had assembly out and could see nothing wrong with it nor any path issues. i was wondering if it could be the pre feed sensor maybe out of it's holder but can find nothing in manual about removing that sensor to check for that. every jam is crumpled up under registration unit-- is it possible that needs replaced? thanks for any ideas and help--tuey

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Re: p4015 jams at registration

Plastic tab on Tray 1 assembly that holds tension spring broke. Look at Jam area. Order Tray 1 assembly or modify. You can take tray 1 assembly out and make a new hole with a paper clip and a lighter.
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

are you referring to bypass assembly when you say tray 1 ?? made a few dollars with the pin and lighter method--saves alot of time also. thanks

Technician

Which tray are you feeding from? How many clicks on the printer? Could be a small piece of paper in the vertical path, sticky foam dampener pads on the registration assembly or the pick up solenoid if it's feeding from tray 2. If the spring tension is not there for the black plastic guide plate just before the registration assembly you'll get accordion jams at reg. Also should be spring pressure on roller assembly for tray 2 (pull out tray and reach in and push up lightly on pick up roller). Clean the sensor on the PCB next to the pick up roller also.

Multipurpose tray, Bypass or Tray one...Yes
    There is a Green tab on the right side to lift up for Paper jams just before the Registration assembly. The spring (Holder) that gives tension as the paper wraps around is Brocken. Take out the toner and the Envelope cover and lift up on it. The springs break off the assembly
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

feeding from 2. just under 200k on the meter. although i've done a few solenoids in ;ast 2 weeks i don't see that happening on this one from looking from back of tray. i think the spring issue is what i'm going to find , going back shortly for round 2 and i will report back results. thank-you

Exactly, when feeding from tray 2 it jams before registration. It doesn't have the pressure to push paper into registration its a very common issue.
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

sure makes sense to me. that would explain how the paper is getting there crooked. i'll let you know what i find--thank-you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

exactly what it was, thank-you. due to condition of assembly i ordered a refurb and should have printer up and running early next week. thank-you for the assistance-- tuey