Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP P4515n "install black cartridge message".

I disassembled ( 10 screws) genuine 64X cartridge to clean some junk off pcr roller that was causing quality issue for customer. Put it back together
    now get the install cartridge message. Checked pcr, drum and dev roller contacts all ok. What simple thing am I missing? It does say on lcd "genuine cartridge installed" then goes to the install message. Only use OEM in this printer.

Re: HP P4515n "install black cartridge message".

Hi

You have problem with one of the electrical contacts. In the time when you separate cartridge on half, one of them is loosen. Not the part with PCR and OPC but where is magg roller.
    What can help is that you clean contacts by side from any dirt or grease. If that don't help, take cartridge in left hand and punch cartridge on sides, but really hard punch few times. Especially side where you see el contacts(the side where is drum shutter spring) -probel is there. If that don't help, you need to open cartridge again, clean everything, add conductive grease(use SCC conductive grease). Put everything together and cartridge will work fine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Just FYI, You can clean that charge roller with a Q tip. Don't have to disassemble. Cant help you with the other issue good luck!
    Izzy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: HP P4515n "install black cartridge message".

Quote Originally Posted by Drivee View Post
    Hi

You have problem with one of the electrical contacts. In the time when you separate cartridge on half, one of them is loosen. Not the part with PCR and OPC but where is magg roller.
    What can help is that you clean contacts by side from any dirt or grease. If that don't help, take cartridge in left hand and punch cartridge on sides, but really hard punch few times. Especially side where you see el contacts(the side where is drum shutter spring) -probel is there. If that don't help, you need to open cartridge again, clean everything, add conductive grease(use SCC conductive grease). Put everything together and cartridge will work fine.
    I really like the part of your suggestion where you tell him to punch the cartridge...really hard. All these years of working on copiers and have been RESISTING that urge. (next time, punch it a couple of times for me.)

Well, to be ones.. I was chef of post tester of remany cartridges in past and that trick help always. We build 15k cartridge per day, you can get a picture. As some contacts do not sit well.. punch by side usually help. Of course, it is quick, you don't need to disable whole cartridge.

Q tip always can help but, every cartridge have warranty, so I don't know why people repair cartridge. Just return back.