Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

HP PageWide E77650 Displays 49.38.07

Thought I'd post a success story. I set up a NEW out-of-box E77650 and all appeared to be progressing fine during the initialization process. It finished print head/ink cartridge calibration and LPDC assignment. I even printed many sample pages from the Reports menu without a hitch. As I was entering the final bits of info such as Date, Time, etc. it suddenly stopped and displayed an error screen showing 49.38.07. After that, even after power off/on and unplugging it, it would go through its initial procedure then, instead of going to its normal home screen it would display this error screen.
    I followed what little trouble shooting the service resources outlined, including reflashing the firmware, to no avail. First thing next morning I was able to reach HP Tech Support and after repeating everything I had already tried on my own, one of the three guys on the call from HP had me try not simply REFLASHING the firmware, but I first reformatted the HDD and my USB drive, then loaded a "fresh" download of very same file from their website. After repeating the process one final time, the copier seemed to be fully operational. It tested flawlessly throughout the entire day!
    Just before he suggested this fix, he had told me we were going to be ordering a replacement formatter pwb...which would have set our delivery back for who knows how long with supply and shipping what it is these days.
    Last edited by DRichard; 09-14-2021 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling error