Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP M830

Technician

HP M830

Hey Everybody,

I've got an M830 in which tray 3 does not even attempt to lift, no error codes, no noise, nothing. The only error it gives is when trying to run the paper path test the machine will do it's thing, rollers rotate & it's expecting paper but since the tray never lifts it never gets it & so it will declare a jam. The usual 13.a2.d3, run the pickup feed/motor test and everything sounds good. So let's move on, running a paper path test from tray 2 on a batch of 25, 10 come out then a jam is declared, again, 13.a2.d2. Open & close the tray & the machine continues printing.

Since this is happening all in one go I'm thinking that the DC Controller is at fault. I've replaced rollers, ran component tests, looked for scraps of paper etc... The odd thing is that the HCI trays 4 & 5 seem to work just fine. I'm going to call the client this afternoon to see if they've had any jams in either of those trays this afternoon. Like I said, I'm thinking DC Controller but I don't like to throw random parts at a machine to see what sticks so I was just looking for some feedback or if anybody has had this problem before. Thanks in advance!

Technician

Re: HP M830

DC Controller took care of it.