Technician

HP Color Pro M254DW error “Cleaning Mode” followed by “Misprint” press ok to continue

After the second page print, printer display “Cleaning Mode” followed by “Misprint” press ok to continue. I have replaced both NEW OEM pickup and separation roller, but no luck. Anyone here cross this, please advise.
    Thank you

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP Color Pro M254DW error “Cleaning Mode” followed by “Misprint” press ok to cont

Have a 477 doing same thing, only thing I can think about is either main pwb or the clutch assembly deep inside. The misprint causes the cleaning sequence to enacted. Have not gotten to it yet. It's a side project at this point.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: HP Color Pro M254DW error “Cleaning Mode” followed by “Misprint” press ok to cont

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    Have a 477 doing same thing, only thing I can think about is either main pwb or the clutch assembly deep inside. The misprint causes the cleaning sequence to enacted. Have not gotten to it yet. It's a side project at this point.
    My money is on the cassette tyres, they can wear out fast depending on the media being used. You cannot assume that as a printer has only done 20k for example that the tyres are ok, you will be like a dog chasing its own tail. They are the easiest part to change, before you go any further.
    RM2-5881
    RM2-5576
    RM2-5577
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skynet View Post
    My money is on the cassette tyres, they can wear out fast depending on the media being used. You cannot assume that as a printer has only done 20k for example that the tyres are ok, you will be like a dog chasing its own tail. They are the easiest part to change, before you go any further.
    RM2-5881
    RM2-5576
    RM2-5577
    +1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk