Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Question MFP 182n - ERROR 04

Good, fellow technicians.

First indicate that HP is not the brand I repair, so I come more to this section of the forum for a little advice.

Model: MFP 182n
    Failure: Error 04
    Actions: An attempt has been made to make a "reset", as indicated by the HP forums. Apparently it is because of a "paper jam" (whether or not there is stuck paper).

The problem persists despite the actions taken, so the device continues to indicate that error. Any opinions?
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MFP 182n - ERROR 04

Re: MFP 182n - ERROR 04

Error 04 is a paper jam error. I found the below information in WISE:

There is no service manual available for this model. Check to see if the pickup roller is rotating to try to pick up paper. Check the condition of the pickup roller. Clean if needed.

Error 04.pdf

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Re: MFP 182n - ERROR 04

Quote Originally Posted by Lance15 View Post
    Error 04 is a paper jam error. I found the below information in WISE:

There is no service manual available for this model. Check to see if the pickup roller is rotating to try to pick up paper. Check the condition of the pickup roller. Clean if needed.

Error 04.pdf
    Thank you for your comment.
    Unfortunately, the device has been "locked" with such a code. Despite my attempts to check if the paper "Capture Rollers" rotate to do their job, I do not detect under any circumstances that they do this. (You may be doing this test wrong)
    In the first attempts, the error code was reset, and although I could not isolate a failure in the capture rollers, the device for a short period continued to work with "normality", until it got stuck with the code again.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.