Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Thumbs up HP DJ 500 Win 10 21H1- Can't print and/ or driver prints in letter/Ansi A size only.

Issue is resolved. Posting for the glorious and ravenous google crawlers that will index this thread on their search engine.

Oh those wonderous fantastic adventures that is those Windows 10 updates woes.

My clients IT dep't upgraded Windows 10 devices to winver 21H1. And all but one was not able to print, or when they could, Adobe would ONLY print them in letter size. No changes to preferences or drivers would create a difference. Re-installed, tried the PCL and HP-GL/2 drivers, no success - same issue.

After more troubleshooting determined that all the PC's minus one, was using the driver v6.08. Can be found under printer properties> About.

The one PC using v8.10 was working beautifully. I copied the INF file, and re-installed manually. All PC's print fine, and the driver recognizes other sizes other than Letter/Ansi A.

Good Luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP DJ 500 Win 10 21H1- Can't print and/ or driver prints in letter/Ansi A size only.

Re: HP DJ 500 Win 10 21H1- Can't print and/ or driver prints in letter/Ansi A size on

I ran into this issue as well with someone using AutoCAD 2022 as well as Adobe Reader. The 8.10 driver (available for Windows 8.1 x64) unfortunately only supports the 500 with an HPGL2 card installed (along with the 500 Plus, 510 and their postscript variants.) But what I discovered you can do, is install using the 500+HPGL2 Card option, and then in the printing preferences under Troubleshooting, you can set the driver to send the job to the printer as a bitmap, thus eliminating the RIP process in the printer.

It's worth noting Foxit Reader worked fine for printing PDF files regardless when Adobe wouldn't.

Kiran