Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DJ T830 needs update after replacing main PCA

Re: DJ T830 needs update after replacing main PCA

OK, weird. When I browse the FTP, under Software13 I just see 'Printers', and under that '3D'.... nothing Designjet. I even tried forcing the path and got nothing.

Lance, maybe you could download the files and dropbox them to theengel or something? I'd be very curious if those files will work for him.

Kiran

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Got them--thanks a heap. Here's the weird thing, your dropbox link was on page 2 of the thread, which I hadn't gotten to yet... I retried the old links and they're working fine in explorer. I'll bet what happened was that explorer didn't know what to do with the link. Opening it for the first time on my computer caused explorer to do some king of automatic update. So this morning, the next day, when I opened explorer, I was opening a undated version, and suddenly the links work fine. Although, I get a different response from Chrome now as well. It used to say I didn't have permission, now it just shows a blank screen with no errors.

Oh well, I've got the files and will try them out today.

Thanks

I just learned that using a thumb drive with the latest firmware from hp.com, should work in this situation.

Kiran
    Last edited by Kiran Otter; 01-14-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Any update on what happened?

Kiran

i HAD 2 usb DRIVES. One with the two downloads, one with the latest firmware. Nothing happened with either of them. Then I realized they were both NTFS. I had an old usb in my pocket, so I asked the customer if I could use their PC to format it Fat32 and put the firmware on it (my laptop is on the fritz). I was going to try the two downloads first, but when I tried, I saw that those files didn't transfer the way I thought they had. So I just went ahead with the latest firmware. That uploaded, and the printer went through the stages of upgrading, but then eventually, it returned to the same screen asking for the update.

I have the correct files now on a Fat32 disk,. and I am going back this morning to give it one more shot.

Dang. That was supposed to work.

Just a sanity check; you had the USB stick inserted and then turned the printer on, correct?

Kiran

Not the first time. The screen said to insert USB drive, so that's what I did. After it uploaded everything and then returned to the same screen, then I did various things like start it with USB inserted etc.

This morning, I went back with the downloaded files and was not able to make any changes at all. Nothing happened, no matter when I inserted the USB.

I sent you a PM but for everyone else following along at home: Based on what you've done, and what I've been told, you have a bad main PCA from your supplier. You'll have to return it as DOA and get another one, and I recommend getting it directly from HP so you avoid going through the same routine with another DOA board from your supplier. If I can find out what dates are considered good I'll let you know.

Kiran

Criminy--this call is never gonna end.

I finally got a new board (none of the updates solved the problem). I installed it and went through entering the date. The system started up but then got to a window that says "Insert letter sized paper into manual feed tray." I can't get by that at all and inserting a sheet into the manual feed tray does nothing.

I tried booting into mfg mode, and tried to load a roll. I'm able to choose those menu options, but when I stick the paper into the slot, nothing happens. I'm not sure if you can actually load paper in mfg mode anyway. I tried a reset, and had to choose a language and all that. Nothing helps.

I have to decide now if I got another bad board, or if something is wrong with the machine... possibly from sitting there in disuse for 3 months (it took that long to get the first board).