Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    51

    M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Stuck on Initializing

    Here is what I have done so far...


    Replaced in this order: Installed Latest FW, Formatter with eMMc, DC Controller, Toner Cartridge, Fuser, LV Power supply, Ribbon Cable from Formatter to DC Controller. Thoroughly checked all connectors.
    |I have an entire machine for parts. I also put all of the parts from the bad machine to my other one and it works great, no problem. I am almost done with it (Give up) but wanted to post here and see if anyone has experienced this.

    Thanks
    Izzy

  2. #2
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    High Ridge, Missouri
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Stuck on Initializing

    Here is what I have done so far...


    Replaced in this order: Installed Latest FW, Formatter with eMMc, DC Controller, Toner Cartridge, Fuser, LV Power supply, Ribbon Cable from Formatter to DC Controller. Thoroughly checked all connectors.
    |I have an entire machine for parts. I also put all of the parts from the bad machine to my other one and it works great, no problem. I am almost done with it (Give up) but wanted to post here and see if anyone has experienced this.

    Thanks

    Probably a stupid question, and I see where you said you replaced the formatter with eMMc, but did you pre-boot, secure erase, reload a previous version (like 4.11.xx) of firmware, and do a cold reset?
    Last edited by Murv; 08-14-2022 at 11:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Thanks Murv I appreciate your help

    I believe that Secure File erase is for a MFP an HDD, This has a little eMMc Board and I did use "Format Disk". If I'm wrong I sure can't find that. Yes I did do a cold Reset.
    I tried rolling back the firmware and thought that did it, it started working but I tested it hard, turning off and on many times over a day or so and then the dreaded Initializing screen again stuck, it goes on for eternity.
    I also tried the hdmi cable from the display to Formatter and I thought I fixed again but alas I was wrong.
    Izzy

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Bay
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Since replacing components associated with the formatter and replacing the fuser assembly didn't work, how about replacing the scanner assembly?

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Thank you PrinterDude, Yes I have already done that no effect, and now I will try HVPS
    Izzy

  6. #6
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    High Ridge, Missouri
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Thanks Murv I appreciate your help

    I believe that Secure File erase is for a MFP an HDD, This has a little eMMc Board and I did use "Format Disk". If I'm wrong I sure can't find that. Yes I did do a cold Reset.
    I tried rolling back the firmware and thought that did it, it started working but I tested it hard, turning off and on many times over a day or so and then the dreaded Initializing screen again stuck, it goes on for eternity.
    I also tried the hdmi cable from the display to Formatter and I thought I fixed again but alas I was wrong.
    Yeah, chalk that up to me having a "duh" moment. Sorry about that. But yeah, if you formatted it and rolled back, very weird. I'll hit up some of our other techs on teams today and see if anyone else has run across this.

    Have a great one!

  7. #7
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Bay
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Not much left after replacing the HVPS. When it does work, can you print out an error log report? Is there also a wireless module attach? Running out of ideas.

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Its working now after replacing the HVPS But i need to test it don't want to take it out there after this its a parts machine.

    Error codes weren't much help, Thank you guys
    Izzy

  9. #9
    Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    High Ridge, Missouri
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: M608 Stuck on Initializing

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill View Post
    Its working now after replacing the HVPS But i need to test it don't want to take it out there after this its a parts machine.

    Error codes weren't much help, Thank you guys

    Weird. I'll be interested to hear if it goes south again.

    Thanks for including us in this odd journey. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here