Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

"Protection fault" when printing from Adobe Reader DC in Win 10 to DJ 1050C & 430

"Protection fault" when printing from Adobe Reader DC (updated 8/11/22) in Win 10 to DJ 1050C & 430. I get something like:

"Function address 0xfc0356 caused a protection fault. (exception code 0xc0000005) The application property sheet page(s) may not function properly."

I have used David? Headrick's advised pl532en(6).zip driver with same result. I ASSUME this problem came along with a fairly recent update to AR DC, perhaps within the last year or two or so. It has been a while since I tried to print to a 430 or 1050C from AR DC. Windows test prints work fine to both printers. The 430 is connected via USB to parallel dongle. 1050C is connected via Jetdirect print server. I can print to the 1050C via other PDF readers.

I did see a post in an Adobe forum in which the user stated that one needs to select portrait or landscape instead of auto in print setup, etc. or select page setup and select OK. I tried these and they did not work.

Does anyone have a solution? I have just started digging. If no resolution, I will probably just use other pdf readers for printing to the 430 and 1050C.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    "Protection fault" when printing from Adobe Reader DC in Win 10 to DJ 1050C & 430

Re: "Protection fault" when printing from Adobe Reader DC in Win 10 to DJ 1050C & 430

Unless there's a specific need to use Adobe, try Foxit Reader. It's free and I find it works much better with Designjet printers than Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: "Protection fault" when printing from Adobe Reader DC in Win 10 to DJ 1050C & 430

Thanks, Kiran. I will try Foxit Reader, sounds a bit familiar. ....once I sold a 1050C to a guy and he had some version of Adobe Reader and it would not print whatsoever to the 1050C--they did not play well together. I asked him to upgrade to a newer version--it worked! I was elated. So, I assume it has happened again; perhaps Adobe Reader and 105X's are not again playing very well together and maybe no longer.

I really like the 105Xs. The only thing I don't like are the occasional ink tubes leak blowouts and air leakage ultimately trashing the printhead. ....I have not gotten much into resuscitating those printheads--I know it can be done. I just try to find a cheap new and sealed replacement printhead on ebay.

I have even been delighted with the ability to continue to use the 105X with say Autocad LT 2021 & 2023? (not tried 2023 yet) by creating a PC3 file for the 1050C in which it emulates? a 750C--all through plottermanager or whatever it's called.

Thanks again.