Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    LaserJet Enterprise M605 Misfeeding

Hi All.
    I don't work on a lot of HP's other than popping in a maintenance kit here and there, and I think I only have one client with this model.
    Tray 2 constantly misfeeds, and I can see with the right cover off that the solenoid comes on, and stays on, which is obviously the issue here.
    I did remove the paper feed assy, to see if there was anything obviously wrong there, but I couldn't see anything. It did seem to be a little tight at a certain point when manually rotating the gears, which led me to think that it maybe wasn't able to get all the way 'home' to disengage the solenoid.
    I applied some additional grease, but it didn't appear to need it.

I wish I had some spare parts lying around to test - particularly the feed assy, but I don't have anything at all for this model.

Just looking for some advice if anyone has seen this before, and could it be a control board issue or more likely just the paper feed assy?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: LaserJet Enterprise M605 Misfeeding

Well, I did manage to solve the problem, although the exact cause is still yet TDB.
    After a little further research last night, I determined that the feed assy on this printer is the same as the M602/603, etc, which surprised...and pleased me, and I actually had a parts machine at my shop.
    This morning I swapped over the entire feed assy and solenoid, and the issue was resolved.
    I haven't had time to dig into the reason, but I did notice that the assembly I swapped over spun much more freely than the one that I had the issue with, so I'm leaning in that direction, rather than a problem with the Solenoid.

At this point, I'm just relieved to have a solution.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Well, I did manage to solve the problem, although the exact cause is still yet TDB.
    After a little further research last night, I determined that the feed assy on this printer is the same as the M602/603, etc, which surprised...and pleased me, and I actually had a parts machine at my shop.
    This morning I swapped over the entire feed assy and solenoid, and the issue was resolved.
    I haven't had time to dig into the reason, but I did notice that the assembly I swapped over spun much more freely than the one that I had the issue with, so I'm leaning in that direction, rather than a problem with the Solenoid.

At this point, I'm just relieved to have a solution.
    Glad you resolved customer's machine problem Sandy. Hopefully some lube or cleaning on bushings will help.
    Having donor machines is great asset... I remember few years ago when I was doing Konica machines troubleshooting without even basic used but well known working consumables. Poor me, it was though... but do I have good tech friends to borrow from, yes I do
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Glad you were able to fix the problem. Most likely it was the solenoid causing the multiple feed issue.
    Solenoid staying on position due to sticky foam pad. If you still have the old solenoid, check the foam pad.