Hey,

I have just bought x476dn scrapped due to "does not print" (?!)... At the time being I do not know nothing about this device, not even if printbar works.

Seems like a magenta cartridge is rejected by a printer. Printer reports that "this cartridge is not for use in this printer", which was a very frequent (almost normal) issue with other OfficeJets Pro after firmware was upgraded.
Configuration looks like that right now

C X971
M X971
Y X971
K X970
Chineese Chineese HP HP
Almost empty Half full by weight 1/3 Full

The first thing was to test different combinations of cartridges, removing while off and such standard things.
Next thing on a list was to check service menu for any kind of ink reset. Nothing to be found in this matter, but I was able to confirm that indeed magenta is recognized by a printer and "ok", but with wrong region (0 when should be 1)

After that I looked for a downgrade for this device. I was not able to find any, although I have found a upgrade to a newest version that completely disables (presumably...) ink verification. Upgrade went fine, no luck with that.

The problem is that this printer has only one bundle of cartridges for all zones - Aliexpress confirms that as well. It should not be possible to hac

Would it be possible that somebody has enabled cartridge protection on magenta and reused it in different printer?
Is doing OOBE safe? I do not have SETUP cartridges, would not like to soft brick the device.
Any ideas please?