Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

HP M553 Error Code Query

Hi,
    I have a HP Color Laserjet M553. Which is showing an error code 41.07.62 every couple of pages.

The only info I can find is:

Display:
    41.XX.YZ Error To continue, touch “OK”
    Description:
    This section covers all other errors of the form 41.XX.YZ not covered in the previous sections. A printer error has occurred. XX = error type Y = fuser mode Z = input tray
    Remedy:
    1. To clear the message, touch the OK button.2. If the message displays again, turn the printer off, and then on again.3. If the error persists, replace the DC Controller PCA.

I am unable to find any information on the XX.YZ part of the codes. Is anyone able to shed any information on the error type?

The fuser is low and pretty much ready for replacement, could this cause the issue. I am reluctant to replace the fuser and DC Controller without fully understanding the error code.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Technician

Re: HP M553 Error Code Query

Are the pages printed correctly though? Dirty contact perhaps?

Technician

Re: HP M553 Error Code Query

Thank you for your response. The first 2 pages print out fine then it shows the error and another page comes out very feint. I'm not sure if this is remnants from the previous page or the next page, so I need to recreate it to check the stage in the printing process. I don't seem to be able to recreate the issue today. It occurred constantly last Thursday and Friday and I think it will appear again when they put a big volume of printing through again later today.