Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP LJ M425dn Load paper error

Is there a paper detect sensor on these models somewhere? I have one that lifts the paper to the feed roller but the panel still says to load paper. I did pull the front cover of the tray off and inserted it into the printer and the message went away for a few prints but, did happen again. I know the paper is raising but, the printer is not detecting that. There is a black lever that hangs to the right of the feed roller but, doesn't seem to be attached to any sensors that I can see. There is no theory of operation in the manual I have so, I do not know how it detects paper. Any help would be appreciated.

Technician

Re: HP LJ M425dn Load paper error

Could be your paper tray and the tension in the springs. It may go up when you slide the tray up - but is there enoough tension to hold the paper firmly to the pick up rollers.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: HP LJ M425dn Load paper error

Quote Originally Posted by ebulich View Post
    Could be your paper tray and the tension in the springs. It may go up when you slide the tray up - but is there enoough tension to hold the paper firmly to the pick up rollers.
    I swapped the tray with a new one and it went to normal for a few seconds and then right back to the error. It has a new roller in it too. I see the paper coming all the way up. I just can't figure out what triggers the error.