Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

HP CLJ Pro MFP M479fdn not printing color

Hello everyone,

I have an HP CLJ Pro MFP M479fdn which the customer complained about light prints. I started with the transfer belt, which did not change anything. I then swapped the engine controller pwb, but when I printed out the demo page, only the black was printed. I did get color pages for a few prints later but since it is still only black. I then replaced the ribbon cables connected from the engine controller pwb to the LSU despite their being no visible damage and still only getting black. Have ran color calibrations multiple times and I get no errors.

Has anybody here had this issue? A fellow tech suggested calling HP but I thought I would ask you fine people first.

Thanks!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    HP CLJ Pro MFP M479fdn not printing color

Re: HP CLJ Pro MFP M479fdn not printing color

Just a thought but are you using genuine HP toner carts? I've seen these models not work after firmware update and using aftermarket toners. HP has added a block of aftermarket toners to their firmware. This forces the end user to buy genuine HP at 3x's the cost of aftermarket! Shame on HP!

Because of this shady tactic by HP I now sell my customers small Canon models instead. Some are same or very similar to HP models but at least with Canon you can use aftermarket toners.
    Last edited by copyman; 03-14-2024 at 01:45 AM.