Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP M652 Firmware update stuck.

Have a HP M652 I am attempting to update firmware via USB stick and it seems to be stuck, has been updating for 30 minutes. Can I unplug it or will I be causing myself more work?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    HP M652 Firmware update stuck.

Re: HP M652 Firmware update stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcopiercali View Post
    Have a HP M652 I am attempting to update firmware via USB stick and it seems to be stuck, has been updating for 30 minutes. Can I unplug it or will I be causing myself more work?
    Hi are you doing the update via the support menu then usb firmware upgrade or via the blue and grey preboot menu.

Some times it can take a bit for it to Install depending on the usb as the machines not got usb 3 only 2.

I would leave it on if over night but if you restart it, then you may face some problems with booting or have a 99 error or 49.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wav View Post
    Hi are you doing the update via the support menu then usb firmware upgrade or via the blue and grey preboot menu.

Some times it can take a bit for it to Install depending on the usb as the machines not got usb 3 only 2.

I would leave it on if over night but if you restart it, then you may face some problems with booting or have a 99 error or 49.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am doing it through the support menu. I'll leave it on overnight and see what happens.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Try using another USB-Thumbdrive, i´ve had many, many troubles on FW-update with some USB-Thumbdrives. I use now an old 4GB stick, which works on all my supported machines.
    Greetings...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Try using another USB-Thumbdrive, i´ve had many, many troubles on FW-update with some USB-Thumbdrives. I use now an old 4GB stick, which works on all my supported machines.
    Greetings...
    That's true. Hp is about the worst at firmware updates. Some machines can take an hour when doing first installation.

I use the FTP method , which I never had problems with. The instructions can be found in any HP firmware update file bundle.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke