Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

HP designjet T1300 Void lines

I got this call for void lines but, it doesn't happen all the time. It seems completely random. I could not calibrate colors or update Firmware and was gettin a 48: and 86: code at random. HP said to replace the engine PCA/EE box and thought I had it. Guess not. I ran color calibration and paper advance calibrations and they came out good. left and now it is back again. It acts like a feed issue as the print is scrunched up, not deleted. I cannot make it happen while I am there. The encoder strip has been cleaned but, I wonder if I should just order one anyway?? Here is what it looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP designjet T1300 Void lines

Re: HP designjet T1300 Void lines

I assume the blank spaces run horizontal, as in the same direction as the carriage. Which means you have a media advance issue. Are they printing in 'fast' or draft mode? This is a common result if so. If they print at a higher quality (more passes of the carriage) it will (should) go away.

Since it's uneven though, I would suspect the media advance encoder and encoder disc.

CR647-67023 is the encoder sensor
    CH538-67073 is the encoder disc. Please verify these part numbers yourself.

Also I would not rely on the media advance calibration. Go back to it and reset it to the factory default.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: HP designjet T1300 Void lines

Check out this post: T1200 MFP printer/scanner question

Scroll to page 7.

The problem was with a dirty encoder disk on the paper advance motor that kept getting contaminated with grease that came from underneath the spittoon cup. A gob of grease was under there and the encoder disk kept getting grease on it. Came from the factory that way. It caused the same problem you're experiencing. We had the local HP techs come out and work on it and they replaced the paper advance transmission, charged us a lot of money and never solved the problem. You might want to read through the whole thread because Kiran has some good information/advice in there.

Anyway, it's something else to check. Disks are cheap and easy to replace. Or just a good cleaning might do it.