Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: m602 13.A2.D2

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

m602 13.A2.D2

I believe I have exhausted the things to check on this error. Trying to see if there's anything else I have missed. The rollers are good. The small gear on the feed unit is there and intact. The spring is in place. The solenoid absolutely not sticky. Firmware was updated. I have swapped the different trays around without getting any further. All the other trays will work and print. It's only tray 2. One sheet halfway out and one in path that are blank. I watched from the rear and it looks like the rollers are continuously spinning. I watched the solenoid, it looks like it's firing.
    Has anyone heard of the paper feed drive causing a problem ? It was having a different problem I was looking at first. By the time I got to this part it was taking to long and I had to go to other calls, so I didn't get a chance to take that off & look at it.
    I would greatly appreciate to hear if this rings any bells with anyone. Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Re: m602 13.A2.D2

Have not worked on these in years. If memory serves me right, remove the feed roller assy, clean the rollers and lube the bushings. The other trays have s more straight path and would feed the paper with less strain. Tray 2 has a short path to pickup the paper and feed it to the feed roller assy . if the feed roller assy is not working properly, it would cause jam.
    Also check the pre feed sensor ps102 is moving freely.
    Could be other things too, but you have to remove the front cover area to check and see the condition there.

13.A2.D2 – The media did not arrive at the pre-feed sensor (PS102) within the specified time. Source Tray 2
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

What makes this odd to me is that it doesn't seem like a non feed problem as much as it's too much feed. Even I put one sheet of paper, the rollers keep spinning like it wants to pick up more. Also the page is blank when all the other trays will print an image. I'm not sure what else to add at the moment.

Make sure that the paper size switches are working correctly. Change the guides to different sizes and see that they are correctly recognized. remove the tray 2 solenoid from the position slightly and then send a print job, the solenoid should be clicking, this will verify if the solenoid is working correctly. run the feed test from the printer menu, it will by pass the sensors. Check the ps102 sensor that it is not worn and not sticking. .
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

I downloaded the service manual from the net . It has all the help for you to troubleshoot and check the components, sensors, motors ect. Here is a sample.

One thing though that the manual cannot help you with is things that can be deceptive. e.g a sensor might check ok, but the actuator can be worn and cause intermitten problems. So, you have to do your own dectective work.

page 222 of the service manual.

Component test Description
    DRUM MOTOR This test activates the drum motor.
    LASER SCANNER MOTOR This test activates the laser scanner motor.
    FUSER MOTOR This test activates the fuser motor and drive gears.
    TRAY PICKUP MOTOR This test activates the tray pickup motor.
    FEED ROLLER CLUTCH This test activates the paper feed roller clutch.
    MP TRAY SOLENOID
    TRAY 2 PICKUP SOLENOID
    TRAY 3 PICKUP SOLENOID
    TRAY 4 PICKUP SOLENOID
    TRAY 5 PICKUP SOLENOID
    TRAY 6 PICKUP SOLENOID
    These tests activate the pickup solenoid for the selected input tray.
    DUPLEXER SWITCHBACK MOTOR This test activates the duplexing reverse motor.
    DUPLEX REFEED MOTOR This