Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: HP 1600 color registration will not stay

done that over and over exact same result each time and the never moves or aligns stays the same.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

resolved! It was the laser assy. replaced the laser assy, performed the adjustments and now it stays, even if I run calibrate now, over and over. I suspected that from the beginning but was told by support that it was most likely the formatter then dc controller. The part number for the laser assy was not in the manual. I then found the number RM1-1970 after an Internet search. That number has been changed to RM1-5181. Which is the number you should use. I am sure the other number is still usable, but for me I try to keep up with the new numbers,in case it has been updated to work better. Just a note I did flash this machine in the earlier stages of troubleshooting.
    I want to thank you for all your comments and help.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yourownfree View Post
    resolved! It was the laser assy. replaced the laser assy, performed the adjustments and now it stays, even if I run calibrate now, over and over. I suspected that from the beginning but was told by support that it was most likely the formatter then dc controller. The part number for the laser assy was not in the manual. I then found the number RM1-1970 after an Internet search. That number has been changed to RM1-5181. Which is the number you should use. I am sure the other number is still usable, but for me I try to keep up with the new numbers,in case it has been updated to work better. Just a note I did flash this machine in the earlier stages of troubleshooting.
    I want to thank you for all your comments and help.
    Glad to see you got it fixed and thanks for posting the resolution..it'll help someone else someday.