Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

5550dtn Won't boot

has the backlight on but nothing on the display, all three lights are lit on the panel. get an engine test page out. Was suggested to try a new formatter, tried that today and get the exact same symptoms. Printer only has 11k clicks on it. Suggestions?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: 5550dtn Won't boot

Maybe you have a bad display?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

If that were the case I think I would still be able to print to it and the heartbeat sensor on the formatter would be blinking like normal instead of solid. Ordered memory dimm and firmware flash card today.

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Turn the power off, pull the network card out of the printer than power back up.
    If it goes ready and the network card is a J615 it is time for a baking lesson (no Joke).

Rob S

I'm having a similar problem.

After seeing the load RFU over parallel port error we replaced the formatter board since it would not allow us to get in to menus by holding down stop.

Then we loaded the firmware over the parallel port since the usb port would not load it.

After that, we restarted it when it said ok and the screen blanked out and doesn't come on. My situation doesn't have a back light. I have the machine now in the shop. I have taken off and put on all customer attachments (hard drive, cf card, Ethernet card). I also put back in the old formatter board to see if it would make the screen come on again. It did not.

Any ideas?

Technician

Its the CF card, make sure and get the right one pre loaded with firmware. Again, make sure your getting/ordering the correct card.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Usually back light on but no display is a firmware DIMM or memory DIMM error

We have got this machine working.

We replaced the cf card.

Now the machine claims that the old imaging units are not genuine. The machine works correctly now and we have delivered to customer. Was this something we could have changed or was it not?