Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Why such a big price difference for the printer only VS all in one version?

Re: Why such a big price difference for the printer only VS all in one version?

Remember these posts when you come back a year from now and tell us what a piece of crap this printer is, and why can't it print on 300g/m2 cardstock. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

End User 250+ Posts

Re: Why such a big price difference for the printer only VS all in one version?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Remember these posts when you come back a year from now and tell us what a piece of crap this printer is, and why can't it print on 300g/m2 cardstock. =^..^=
    It does support up to 220g card stock which is the thickest I need anyway. Also it has none of the endless problems the Canon had:
    -Canon took 5 minutes to start printing from sleep mode, this HP takes seconds even from Sleep 2
    -Canon had a limit of printing 99 pages at a time, even when printing from a computer, this was absolutely ridiculous, this HP has no limit when printing from a computer and a 999 copy limit
    -Canon requires going through an endless list of on screen menus to set the paper type each time you use a different type (and I very often switch from plain to glossy to card to labels) with no paper type options in the print driver, with this HP, just choose the paper type in the print properties when printing and that's it
    -Canon didn't do double sided scamming... I mean scanning, that was ridiculous for an $800 machine, especially when $200 inkjet Canon copiers do double sided scanning, of course this HP does double sided scanning

So I won't be saying this HP is a piece of crap as it certainly isn't, it solves all the problems the Canon has and then adds a boatload of new features. I know some had said Canon intentionally crippled their lower end machines in the hopes people would pay more for the higher end models, but all it did for me is ensure I won't be buying a Canon machine again.