Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    End User 250+ Posts

Need help understanding switching paper types in in Tray 1 using HP CLJ CM3530

I use tray 1 (the fold out tray) on my CM3530 when printing on different paper like glossy card stock, envelopes, labels, etc. so I set Tray 1 on the machine itself to "Any type" and "Any custom" size.

However it seems each time I change either paper type and/or size, the machine then asks me a series of endless questions about paper types, sizes and trays and nothing seems to satisfy it and I'm not yet quite sure what series of answers gets it working but then it will work without all those questions again until I change paper type again. I think I have to take the paper out of tray one at some point and put it back in so that it thinks I changed the paper to the right type. Sometimes if I answer incorrectly it will print the job using plain paper from Tray 2.

This is when printing from the computer, and I am selecting the paper tray and paper type in the printer properties on the computer.

Is there a way to avoid the endless questions about paper types, sizes and trays whenever I change paper type?

At least this is far better than the Canon machine I had where you can't even specify a different paper type just for one job from the computer, paper type can only be set on the machine itself on my old Canon, that was a PITA changing it back and forth all the time.

Thanks

Re: Need help understanding switching paper types in in Tray 1 using HP CLJ CM3530

Sure...just leave the paper type as plain...and avoid answering the questions...kinda like "lying" to the printer....I mean how is it going to know right....but if the printer ever does figure out you are "lying" to it...it may hate you and punish you with drum and fuser repair costs....so be honest...sure it's hard work...but life in the end likes honesty.....
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs down Re: Need help understanding switching paper types in in Tray 1 using HP CLJ CM3530

He's back with his dumbass questions. Why don't you just RTFM and leave the real work to the big boys (and girls)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Need help understanding switching paper types in in Tray 1 using HP CLJ CM3530

As already stated. It's in the manual. Maybe you should PM zaza and see if he's got one for free.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

This forum is for serious problems and solutions. Basically questions like paper handeling settings / toner cartridge yields would be something you could just look in the owners manual. If you could please limit this type of question because the people that use this forum do so as their livelyhood and and take it serious as you may have noticed. Thank you for you understanding.
    Izzy

Newbies, please understand we will help with your problems. This particular guy is a troll. As you can see, we don't help trolls, except to find their way to the exit.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

End User 250+ Posts

I did read the manual, that's where I saw I should set Tray 1 to "Any Custom, Any Type" if I want to be constantly using different paper types.

However I'm still bombarded with several questions on the machine itself each time I switch to another type.

End User 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    Newbies, please understand we will help with your problems. This particular guy is a troll. As you can see, we don't help trolls, except to find their way to the exit.
    Right, because asking an honest question is being a troll, anyone reading this will clearly see who the real troll is, you're the one always saying nonsense and wasting time.

He needs new frimware

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Here I was sitting with my Pussy at 2:49AM so bored with nothing to do but write essays on old dead posts from 2007 when I happened to stumble upon your post from just 1 day ago.

I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store

I was gonna go to bed but f*ck it, I'm going to go make a bowl of popcorn and enjoy.

OMG I missed you!

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    I use tray 1 (the fold out tray) on my CM3530 when printing on different paper like glossy card stock, envelopes, labels, etc. so I set Tray 1 on the machine itself to "Any type" and "Any custom" size.

However it seems each time I change either paper type and/or size, the machine then asks me a series of endless questions about paper types, sizes and trays and nothing seems to satisfy it and I'm not yet quite sure what series of answers gets it working but then it will work without all those questions again until I change paper type again. I think I have to take the paper out of tray one at some point and put it back in so that it thinks I changed the paper to the right type. Sometimes if I answer incorrectly it will print the job using plain paper from Tray 2.

This is when printing from the computer, and I am selecting the paper tray and paper type in the printer properties on the computer.

Is there a way to avoid the endless questions about paper types, sizes and trays whenever I change paper type?

At least this is far better than the Canon machine I had where you can't even specify a different paper type just for one job from the computer, paper type can only be set on the machine itself on my old Canon, that was a PITA changing it back and forth all the time.

Thanks