Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hp 3320 Making Grinding noise

Hi
    How are you guys?Long time.Am having a problem with my Hp Laserjet 3320 scaner Unit making a grinding noise. I used to clean the scaner mirrors and the machine works fine but this time around i have cleaned all the mirrors but the grinding noise is still there. I even take out the mirrors and cleaned thenm them put them back but the scaner grinding noise is stll therre.I desperately need help.Is there sameone who have another solution to this problem besides this of cleaning the mirrors.Please help.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Best Regards
    Dimpo

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Hp 3320 Making Grinding noise

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpo View Post
    Hi
    How are you guys?Long time.Am having a problem with my Hp Laserjet 3320 scaner Unit making a grinding noise. I used to clean the scaner mirrors and the machine works fine but this time around i have cleaned all the mirrors but the grinding noise is still there. I even take out the mirrors and cleaned thenm them put them back but the scaner grinding noise is stll therre.I desperately need help.Is there sameone who have another solution to this problem besides this of cleaning the mirrors.Please help.
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    Best Regards
    Dimpo
    A couple of off the wall suggestions: you might want to check the rails the scanner carriages that carry the mirrors slide on, if there's a buildup of crud on them wipe it off with a dry cloth. It might also be the the mechanism that drives the carriages could be loose or worn.
    But both of those issues that would cause obvious scan quality issues, like the scanned image having stretched or compressed looking areas.
    An even more off the wall thing you might want to consider, if the scanner has an automatic document feeder, you might try getting a maintenance kit for it. Based on the info you gave, that is probably not the problem, still if the feed related rollers in the document feeder are worn they can make some pretty disturbing noises, while the scanned image will still look pretty good.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Hp 3320 Making Grinding noise

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    A couple of off the wall suggestions: you might want to check the rails the scanner carriages that carry the mirrors slide on, if there's a buildup of crud on them wipe it off with a dry cloth. It might also be the the mechanism that drives the carriages could be loose or worn.
    But both of those issues that would cause obvious scan quality issues, like the scanned image having stretched or compressed looking areas.
    An even more off the wall thing you might want to consider, if the scanner has an automatic document feeder, you might try getting a maintenance kit for it. Based on the info you gave, that is probably not the problem, still if the feed related rollers in the document feeder are worn they can make some pretty disturbing noises, while the scanned image will still look pretty good.
    Hi
    Thanks a lot.I have checked all those and they seem to be perfectly fine.Now am thinking of disabling the Scaner Unit completely.Do you know how to disable the Scaner Unit.Is there somenoe who knows how to disable the top unit?I want to use the machine for prinying only.
    Hope to hear from you soon .
    Best Regards
    Dimpo