Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts JLSam's Avatar

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Quote Originally Posted by mrnapolean1 View Post
    Removed the Fuser assembly and gears are in time but the solenoid is stone dead. Since I couldnt find the solenoid i decided to replace the Fuser assembly with one from Precision roller.. Printer is now up and running!
    That is precisely why before you even consider doing any tear down of this particular printer concerning this code you always do a component check.

I'm really glad everything worked out.

cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I picked up an HP CP3525dn with the 59.F0 error code. I checked the ITB, belt turns freely and the ITB flag rotates. I reinstalled ITB and after boot the same error remains.

I performed all of the diagnostics related to this code;
    component test: ITB contact/alienation - hub turns - stops, & turns again (is this the clue) - seems to be okay
    manual sensor test: bit test of the SR17 -OK.

I moved on to the solenoid. I watched a teardown and then watched as I performed the steps on my unit. The solenoid still has a foam covering with little evidence that it might be sticking.

I saw the link to Cincinnati printer repair where the gears are out of time on the driver assembly. That's my next procedure; to remove and discover what if anything is wrong there. IF I find the problem I will add to this post. Any guidance is most welcome. Hold your applause. I haven't put it back together yet. All those connectors on the pcb were very difficult to pry loose. Any tips on these separating the male from the female on these old plastic connectors and ways to prevent collateral damage is greatly appreciated.

thanks

I picked up an HP CP3525dn with the 59.F0 error code. I checked the ITB, belt turns freely and the ITB flag rotates. I reinstalled ITB and after boot the same error remains. <br>
    <br>
    I performed all of the diagnostics related to this code; <br>
    component test: ITB contact/alienation - hub turns - stops, &amp; turns again (is this the clue) - seems to be okay<br>
    manual sensor test: bit test of the SR17 -OK. <br>
    <br>
    I moved on to the solenoid. I watched a teardown and then watched as I performed the steps on my unit. The solenoid still has a foam covering with little evidence that it might be sticking. <br>
    <br>
    I saw the link to Cincinnati printer repair where the gears are out of time on the driver assembly. That's my next procedure; to remove and discover what if anything is wrong there. IF I find the problem I will add to this post. Any guidance is most welcome. Hold your applause. I haven't put it back together yet. All those connectors on the pcb were very difficult to pry loose. Any tips on these separating the male from the female on these old plastic connectors and ways to prevent collateral damage is greatly appreciated.<br>
    <br>
    thanks

pulled out the drive assembly and checked the gears. the notches line up so the problem must be a inoperative solenoid?

solenoid coil measures ~150 ohms is this 5 VAC?

Sr. Service Tech 100+ Posts Murv's Avatar

I've never seen a 3525 with a 59.F0 that wasn't the fuser drive. YMMV.

Murv, before I reassemble the entire printer ( still have pcb & outer panels off ) what tests or inspections can you perform on the fuser driver assembly. The notched gears line up. There is a split gear that has a space on both halves where no gears exit ( timing of some sort ) these "spaces overlap, but are not aligned. Is this a problem?

Where can you find a parts breakdown of the fuser drive assembly? I have been working off a service manual parts diagram for the reassembly process. Only one wire trough leftover. Can't find the spot where it came from or the plastic part in the diagrams.

Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Murv, before I reassemble the entire printer ( still have pcb & outer panels off ) what tests or inspections can you perform on the fuser driver assembly. The notched gears line up. There is a split gear that has a space on both halves where no gears exit ( timing of some sort ) these "spaces overlap, but are not aligned. Is this a problem?

Where can you find a parts breakdown of the fuser drive assembly? I have been working off a service manual parts diagram for the reassembly process. Only one wire trough leftover. Can't find the spot where it came from or the plastic part in the diagrams.
    None that I am aware. It's not an alignment issue. It's the drive assy itself, which is sold as a part. There is no breakdown of the drive assy.

RM1-4974-030CN

thanks,