Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

I've done so many of them, it's like replacing a swing plate.......almost.

I lay it out to the customer and let them decide if they want it done. Just had one that declined the repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina2040 View Post
    I found a really good video on how to fix the solenoid, it's not for this printer, but the concept on the solenoid is the same, it's

If you choose to go with either electrical tape or bending, I'd recommend to give it a depth of about the depth of a dime coin or a quarters coin, if you can manually click on that solenoid about 50 times without it sticking/sticky even once, then you should be good to go
    Hey guys
    Thanks for all the detailed info, pics and videos you guys have provided, It's going to help me so much when it's time to swap these pieces out.
    I appreciate it so much. I haven't received the parts yet but when I do I will let you know how the install went.

Thanks again
    Cesar

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tina2040 View Post

Good news is that if all you wanted was to fix the 59.00.F0 error, you do not have to replace either the main drive assembly or the fuser drive assembly.

I stand corrected. I knew some of the machines had a little window where you could reach the solenoid, but I didn't think the CM4540 was one of them.

Angry Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I stand corrected. I knew some of the machines had a little window where you could reach the solenoid, but I didn't think the CM4540 was one of them.
    Omg, what a horrible job that was, the worst part about it was the repair was Unsuccessful. I received the new fuser drive and had a hell of a time installing it. Hp was not able to provide a manual on how to remove the fuser drive on a Hp cm4540 so they gave me the instructions on how to remove the main drive assembly and said it's a similar repair. So I tore the thing down, what a mess of cables, I think the dca cables was the most annoying part. Putting back 30 cables on that board was not fun.
    Luckily I didn't have to remove the main drive to get to the fuser drive. the hardest part was trying to remove the old fuser drive, I had to remove the top of the printer to slide the fuser drive out. I did not alter the solenoid only because they are replacing the units in January. When I installed the new fuser drive it was a pain to get it into place, I had to play with it for a long time, at one point one of the gears fell off of the new fuser drive and I believe that is when the repair when to hell. I did not know how to line up the gear that fell off, so i duplicated it to match the old fuser drive. 7 hours later after putting the unit back together, I plugged her in, she started to boot up nicely and it was looking promising then suddenly when it went to calibrate I heard what sounded like a quick gear grind and bang there it was again 59.00.f0, I wanted to flip the machine over but held my composure.

So mad at Hp for not having instructions for me on how to deinstall and reinstall, even worst not having instructions on how to line up the gears in case one fell off. I'm tempted to take it apart and play with the gears but I'm thinking I would just be wasting my time. you guys weren't kidding about this repair, what a pain. still, have to do this again on the second unit but I really don't know whether to waste my time. Just don't know what to do now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I hate to point this out, but if you had gotten down to the main drive assembly, and then pulled out the solenoid instead of actually taking off the fuser drive, you would be working again.

They're making these stupid color machines impossible to fix. Like they do with some cars--riveting parts together so that no once can fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I hate to point this out, but if you had gotten down to the main drive assembly, and then pulled out the solenoid instead of actually taking off the fuser drive, you would be working again.

They're making these stupid color machines impossible to fix. Like they do with some cars--riveting parts together so that no once can fix them.
    Ya I agree, I just didn't want to have to pull off that main assembly and deal with gears being misaligned on the main when I went to put it back. I forgot to mention there was a little bit of white gear shavings from the fuser drive so I didn't have much of a choice but to pull it off.

There definitely making them harder to work on.

What a horrible job to do, looking forward to the second unit with same issue. Lol

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Just finished my ninth fuser drive assembly over the last three years. At the point now where the manual isn't needed. Attached are pictures of the solenoid from the failed drive assembly. The pad doesn't look squashed, there's no sticky residue. Maybe just a failed solenoid mechanically?

20180720_084944.jpg20180720_085004.jpg20180720_085035.jpg20180720_085050.jpg

I've had the same issue as the rest, 59.f0. Upon disassembly it became obvious that the fuser drive solenoid was at fault. I remedied that and put it back together but now I'm getting 52.00 at power on. I checked the event log and there are other errors too.

In total it shows:

This seems to indicate failure every laser scanner simultaneously, which sounds ludicrous. Obviously I re-checked all the connectors on the DC controller, but they're in place.

If I run a component tests on a laser scanner I hear the high-pitch whir of the motor beginning to spin up, but then it immediately loses power and spins back down. This occurs on every color. Except for once. I tested the magenta and it seemed to spin for a sustained length one time. Feeling that I had no other option, I replaced the DC controller to no avail. And now I'm stumped.

Nice of you for the clarification, also let 'theengel' be, forgive his genius innovation (getting the right degree of bend ain't kids play).

What the Hell, everybody can make their coffee however they prefer.

Your issue is most likely caused by wrong an-aligned the ribbon cables as shown in the attachment

CP3525 DC Controller.jpg

Kay-manie