Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HP 1010

HP 1010

Hi there

I have never had a personal printer never had the need for one. So i picked up a hp1010 plugged it in and it works fine except for the toner that has run out. I would get a new cartridge i time.

I am wondering if there is copier type toner i can fill it up with just to play with?

Also when i found it the corner of the hp1010 was lifted and there is somting that looks like a reset switch, what is that for? Does that void the warranty?

Thx
    Allan

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    HP 1010

Re: HP 1010

There are no physical switches on HP to reset the printer. Likely it is the engine test button and is used by technicians to diagnose problems.

Putting any toner that is substandard or even 3rd party toner kind of violates the warranty, doesn't it? You could do it, but why take the risk? Use OEM until the warranty is expired, then do what you want with it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Coke in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!".

Re: HP 1010

Quote Originally Posted by prntrfxr View Post
    There are no physical switches on HP to reset the printer. Likely it is the engine test button and is used by technicians to diagnose problems.

Putting any toner that is substandard or even 3rd party toner kind of violates the warranty, doesn't it? You could do it, but why take the risk? Use OEM until the warranty is expired, then do what you want with it.

Its an old printer so i think i can take the risk. The worst that can happen is me fixing it. Its fun to mess with it. I found a generic Q2612A for like $22 making the refill idea more trouble than its worth.

The thing that looked like a hole for a switch seems to be void and about the size of a small led, so no idea what that is for.

Funny thing is a have no use for it really, except i think i will use it to do developments like you do for sheet metal. Use the paper as modeling material, I want to make myself a tent. SolidWorks does have good features working with thin materials and AutoCad could work aswell.

Does this printer produce 1:1 scale?