Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Bizhub c654e 4 fax setup

hmmm. If that method works with just using one phone line then I am in trouble, Because when I did that I would get a T80 or T81 code on the machine. Im only 4 months into servicing these, should I test other cards in that slot before I try to install it in the field?

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Again, you should have all 4 fax cards enabled under options, ensure marketing area is set to the proper area. Initialize all the fax boards in service mode. For this to work the customer must have 4 separate analog phone lines running to the MFP, no "splitters". The MFP will pick up and receive on any line that dials in (remember they have to be different phone numbers). When you want to send a fax, you can scan it to memory and it will send when the default line (line 1) becomes available. Or you can send the fax on a different line by selecting the line in the fax applications. The MFP will not roll to line 2 (or 3 or 4) if line 1 is in use. I'm really surprised you even got the system to work, the only one we ever configured with more than 2 lines gave a constant fax error code when it was turned on. Had to disable lines 3 and 4 and our support line could never figure out why. We usually recommend a fax appliance when the customer starts asking about dual faxing. It's difficult to use properly. Right fax would eliminate the need for the four fax cards and the savings could go to the fax appliance cost. Much more reliable, better management, and it also frees up the cost of 4 analog lines. Just my opinion. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Would you mind to try this solution fax solution guide website googlefaxfree? I also faced same kind of issue. But with the help of googlefaxfree I recovered my issue I faced. You can try this googlefaxfree.com website in order to recover your issue. All the best!