Removing the Fusing drive assy

Hi Guys n Gals, I have gleaned alot of info from here and i''m hoping one of you knowledgeable techs can shed some light on this for me, I have a C452, the service manual doesnt show a disassembly for the fusing drive assy in there. It is an orderable part so im hoping someone has done this before and can point me in the right direction. Ive got the PWB box open, but am a lil hesitant to just start pulling motors and boards off willy nilly. Thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Removing the Fusing drive assy

Quote Originally Posted by Techlife View Post
    Hi Guys n Gals, I have gleaned alot of info from here and i''m hoping one of you knowledgeable techs can shed some light on this for me, I have a C452, the service manual doesnt show a disassembly for the fusing drive assy in there. It is an orderable part so im hoping someone has done this before and can point me in the right direction. Ive got the PWB box open, but am a lil hesitant to just start pulling motors and boards off willy nilly. Thanks in advance
    If you are a Tech, you will be able to get hold of the Bulletin that was published as a help to reduce the fuser squeecks on this model. This also shows how to get at the drive unit and would be the easiest to use for your request. I am sorry, but to try to describe a how to without a machine in front of me and doing it step by step is impossible.
    Sometimes it is better to get stuck in and work it out for yourself!

Sometimes only way to do things is by winging it. Be adventurous. Use your phone to take pictures as you go. That could help in getting it back together.

I always pack the stuff I strip off in a kind of time line.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Sometimes only way to do things is by winging it. Be adventurous. Use your phone to take pictures as you go. That could help in getting it back together.

I always pack the stuff I strip off in a kind of time line.

Thanks Allan, attempted this and its out. Not as daunting as expected, cheers

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techlife View Post
    but am a lil hesitant to just start pulling motors and boards off willy nilly.

This is how I figure out most stuff the first time ....

I think I've done it once. Every other time I've used a little oil bottle with a long, thin metallic neck to get into those tight places. Last C452 i worked on sounded like nails on a chalkboard. When i finished i couldnt even hear it runni g fron 3 meters away.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

its not rocket surgery on the c451/2 series to replace the fusing drive assembly, you just follow your nose.

Wait till you have to do it on a small/medium 4 series, you are in for a treat then with a lot of WTF did they do that for moments.