Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Mitch Barron's Avatar

DF-624 Driving me nuts. Paper Jam!

greetings all!

Hoping for a little direction here. Hope you are all doing well by the way! I currently have 5 different ADF with the same jam problem and I cannot find the problem. When scanning multiple documents the first 7 to 10 will scan through fine and the next will jam. Funny thing is, is that the page en route is in the same position on all the machines when the jam occurs. Leading edge is sticking out 3.5-4.5 cm into the output tray. I have cleaned and cleaned and changed sensors and rollers out with no success. Even 2 machines are standing next to each other and they are both doing it. Can anyone familiarize themselves with this problem? Next time i go I am going to leave the screwdriver in the shop and bring the sledge along instead. lol. Thanks heaps in advance if someone could shed some light on something to try?

All the best! Have a nice weekend!

Mitch Barron

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Re: DF-624 Driving me nuts. Paper Jam!

telling us what the jam code is might help......
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You might want to also go into service mode and do a sensor check to manually ensure all the sensors are operating properly.
    What is the condition of the originals? Obviously, folded and punched paper can cause all sorts of issues....does it jam the same way with cardstock?

Test that with scanning in different resolutions. You could find that scanning higher that 300X300 dpi would eliminate the problem. I don't know how to fix that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Not doubting you Allan but how would resolution affect this? Transport speed maybe? educate me please

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Have you performed the ADF calibrations with the test chart

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hey all,

appologies for including the jam code (6605). I have been run off my feet lately and the customers are already calling this morning again. Originals are new pages, no creases, not folded, not moist, perfect. I have not tried changing resolutions, but am willing to try anything now. I have checked the sensors in service mode and all appears to be good. Was unable to find the writeup on the code 6605 in the service manual, but perhaps someone here has had some experience with that specific code? Will try the calibrations now and resolutions and let you know how I get along. Thanks for the suggestions.

all the best!

Mitch

The ADF i brought in the shop here is just jamming and jamming. calibrations and resolutions resulting in jam. Thanks for the suggestions

Red face Re: DF-624 Driving me nuts. Paper Jam!

Just an embarrassing addition. I now have found the code in the service manual. I don't know how I missed it. Anyway, i attached the write up. Hope someone has some insight. Thanks again

error 6605.JPG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

Clean the part that reflects back to PS4, I had this intermittently, there was paper dust on the reflector so the sensor thought that there was paper there
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...