Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C3350

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C3350

Re: C3350

I would say decent but not good. I've seen brand new fusers wrinkle paper, paper exit roller issues, control panel issues, slow machine. I would say reminds me of a grown up C35 with new issues.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    C3350

Quote Originally Posted by copyrooks View Post
    I would say decent but not good. I've seen brand new fusers wrinkle paper, paper exit roller issues, control panel issues, slow machine. I would say reminds me of a grown up C35 with new issues.

yes wrinking! and the warranty is apparently only 3 months

Have many in the field. Haven't seen many hardware issues. Replaced a control panel once. Did have two fusers recently that are wrinkling paper. Last one only used 30% of fuser.

Firmware is a pain in the ass to me. There is 3 different firmware to flash. Controller, sub controller, and engine.

If you do any embedded papercut solution they can be a pain to work with.

No where near as bad as the C35

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My Sales Manager did bring up a point that it takes 7 steps to print out a meter read on these and he hates the idea of customers going thru that many steps to get to it. Unless I'm missing something is there an easier way to print out the meter reads on the models with this smaller control panel?
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

C3350

Don't worry explaining Meyer page print outs to customer. You'll be there every month anyway

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Step aside, noob 1,000+ Posts EarthKmTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rrrohan View Post
    Don't worry explaining Meyer page print outs to customer. You'll be there every month anyway

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    perhaps when over sold, but the ones in my area I've been to very little. They are a small desktop machine for a small work group with light demands and should be used as such.

having said that i have about 100 c25's with at minimum 100k on the clock causing regular annoyances, a few c35's with nearly 400k. One that did make it to 400k kept blowing mfp boards once a month so it went in the bin - screw power supply replacement on a c35.

don't like them myself. control panel failures, fuser fails, print/ copy quality is so/so - cheap feel to them and warranty is couple of months. Better than C35 series though.
    Hey what ya doing? - just screwing around.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

I've been affectionately referring to the C3350 as "around 130 pounds of plastic and hatred", which is a much nicer nickname than the original one when we first encountered the model: "A C35 on steroids with a boob job".

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    My Sales Manager did bring up a point that it takes 7 steps to print out a meter read on these and he hates the idea of customers going thru that many steps to get to it. Unless I'm missing something is there an easier way to print out the meter reads on the models with this smaller control panel?
    Menu, Utility, User Settings, Printer Settings, Print Reports, Counter List, Print. Yes, it's seven steps, but that's how Willie waters.
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

KM tech 16 years.... I have a c3850 with transfer belt stuck. not sure how to go about it. i guess i can pull the whole thing apart. However I'm sure there is a way to take it out with less disassembly. any ideas? yes the clip fell off the belt.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by pappyvonsillypants View Post
    KM tech 16 years.... I have a c3850 with transfer belt stuck. not sure how to go about it. i guess i can pull the whole thing apart. However I'm sure there is a way to take it out with less disassembly. any ideas? yes the clip fell off the belt.

I feel sorry for you, I had to reap one apart 2 weeks back with belt stuck due to the belt cleaning unit making noise as the coil couldn't drive a stoned toner inside, mind you this thing is new 15 000 prints. I had to tear it apart I know some brothers here will tell Me RTFM which is a fact but the unfortunate part is we don't have it, that's management politics for us in the field is to make sure that we fix the devices by all means legally.