Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    FS-534 alignment plate wearing.

Re: FS-534 alignment plate wearing.

No pix. Binned!

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I also had this problem on a C754e/FS534 after machine was only 4 months old. I replaced the alignment plates to fix it but, 4 months later it was doing it again. It cuts those grooves because the way the paper lines up perfectly with those plates. So I adjusted the mechanical centering on each paper tray (including the external LCT) so the paper is closer to rear of machine until problem goes away then adjust centering in ser mode to realign image on paper. Most trays only needed 2mm but some needed 5. That was 2 months ago and i haven't heard back. I didn't need to replace the plates again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    I also had this problem on a C754e/FS534 after machine was only 4 months old. I replaced the alignment plates to fix it but, 4 months later it was doing it again. It cuts those grooves because the way the paper lines up perfectly with those plates. So I adjusted the mechanical centering on each paper tray (including the external LCT) so the paper is closer to rear of machine until problem goes away then adjust centering in ser mode to realign image on paper. Most trays only needed 2mm but some needed 5. That was 2 months ago and i haven't heard back. I didn't need to replace the plates again.
    I can see this working til another tech tries to work on the machine and everything gets out of whack when you have 2 techs doing adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    Nice touch BR549!

Thanks.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I've started the first field trial. This is the second replacement set at 855K. I had filed them smooth twice along the way. This machine prints only LTR from all trays, and all outputs to the elevator tray. Here is what it looks like:

Regulating Plates Modified.JPG

=^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 01-23-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I have a little more information on this topic. The metal plates are holding up fine at 500K, no paper cuts of any sort. I did see the machine recently for something similar though. The pages were skewing and piling up in the stapling tray because one of the eject belts had jumped several teeth. The first set usually ejects, but the second skews, and the third piles up upon the second set. I wish there was a simple way to re-align the eject belts, but ultimately the center eject belt assembly must be out of the finisher to get it re-aligned.

754e J7218-1.JPG

The paper jam code is primarily J7218, but also J7217, J7221, and J7219. The adjoining machine got the mylar modification is a partial success, but not good enough for me. The regulating plates survive OK, but the mylar still gets cut up at 300K, and requires just as much work to change the mylar. The eject belts were also out of time. This is something I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on. I don't know which causes which, or perhaps they are totally unrelated, just close proximity.

754e J7218-2.JPG754e J7218-3.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I wish there was a simple way to re-align the eject belts, but ultimately the center eject belt assembly must be out of the finisher to get it re-aligned.

You just reach in, grab the lazy belt and pull it forward. Done it several times, doesn't hurt anything.

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    You just reach in, grab the lazy belt and pull it forward. Done it several times, doesn't hurt anything.
    That's exactly what I do.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I have repaired a few of these by smoothing them off with a scotch brite pad and using mylar material with adhesive to stick to the guides. Go to service mode and adjust the finisher guides .5mm and it usually does the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've started the first field trial. This is the second replacement set at 855K. I had filed them smooth twice along the way. This machine prints only LTR from all trays, and all outputs to the elevator tray. Here is what it looks like:

Regulating Plates Modified.JPG

=^..^=
    Well could not believe the way the paper would cut into the guide. Can not even see the grove like 3mm deep cut into the plastic. I well now i need to do the mod on a couple of these.
    Whatever