Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bizhub 4050 card reader mounting

Where/how has anyone else mounted a card reader such as the AU-205H to this model. Also front USB port is only place I see to plug it in which looks awful.

I noticed a hidden compartment to the left of the control panel which I might be able to somehow mount it under the cover. There is a USB mini in there. Is it possible with adaptor to use that port?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NME308

Re: Bizhub 4050 card reader mounting

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Where/how has anyone else mounted a card reader such as the AU-205H to this model. Also front USB port is only place I see to plug it in which looks awful.

I noticed a hidden compartment to the left of the control panel which I might be able to somehow mount it under the cover. There is a USB mini in there. Is it possible with adaptor to use that port?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi Mate,
    That hidden compartment to the left of the control panel is where KM had me mount card readers for one particular installation. They used USB mini to regular USB converters just as you suspect. You need a loadable device driver for the type of card reader you wish to use of course.

Cheers