Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: bizhub c364e jam 32-01

[QUOTE=JDR;507606]Already had this, i have cut the gate spring by half to solve.[/QUO.
    Good afternoon. I see 2 springs for same gate is it the one next to the solenoid?

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Already had this, i have cut the gate spring by half to solve.
    I see 2 springs for the gate. Did you cut the big one next to the solenoid?

Technician

I would replace the fusing exit sensor or swap it with another sensor and see if the fault moves. Remove all foam pads from the switchback gate and exit sensor (will just make it a little louder) I have seen them perish and stick.

Also check the exit roller one way clutch as they tend to fail. Could also be the clutch in the fusing drive unit as a worst case, the clutch can rust or have a broken wire. Damp paper is always an issue but I generally see a good curl in it when it outputs or condensation around the fuser area.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    bizhub c364e jam 32-01

Quote Originally Posted by FixStuff View Post
    This has fixed 3201/3205 for me a number of times.

-------------------------------

Article ID: KBA01500433

ErrorJam code 32-01

Root CauseJam code 32-01 occurs only on the first duplexed copy or print.

Workaround/FixCAUSE: Improper movement of the paper exit/reverse switch gate.

SOLUTION: Install a 2mm thick mylar on the frame directly in front of the plunger for the Gate switch solenoid (SD3) as outlined in the illustration below.

Attachment 32081

This is what has worked for me on quite a few machines.. in fact, a tech I know wrote this up for KM, I believe...
    OC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    bizhub c364e jam 32-01

Quote Originally Posted by Oystercopy View Post
    This is what has worked for me on quite a few machines.. in fact, a tech I know wrote this up for KM, I believe...
    OC
    I agree. Install the mylar and you will be fixed. With the amount of used machines we sell, I actually do this procedure before even sending them out now. 95% of the time if I get a 3201 with the paper exiting instead of going to reverse, this will fix it. In rare occasion I have had to replace solenoid. I have used the cut spring method, but I feel like the symptoms were different in that case. Like it was running into the gate or something.

c364 is the same machine as c224e so: you can also cut the spring, or as a colleague wrote earlier, stick the tape to the wall, but this is a temporary solution, it is best to cut the spring or buy a new one, full solution is here: Zacięcie 32-01 bizhub c224e w duplexie - programy.net.pl

Remember if jams doing ony in duplex so them You must buy new spring pn: A161892100

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Replacing the Gate switch solenoid is necessary to fix this issue permanently?
    I clean the solenoid and it works for couple of days and after that paper jams again in duplex then i play with it again.
    I want permanent fix.
    Cutting the spring in half seems good but it will take more energy to pull the plunger when solenoid energizes.
    I wouldnt go cutting any springs in half.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neil greenhough View Post
    Hi there. The gate spring is on the duplex u-turn gate on the exit assembly. It redirects the paper when duplex printing. The spring holds the gate in a neutral position and can be the cause of your problem if the machine jams only in duplex mode. If the machine jams in simplex mode then it I more likely to be a paper versus temperature problem so adjust as mentioned in earlier posts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    could you please send a photo with this gate spring?