Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Bizhub C308/C368 firmware update problem [POTENTIAL SOLUTION]

Re: Bizhub C308/C368 firmware update problem [POTENTIAL SOLUTION]

Hey guys, I may catch hell for not submitting a new thread, but this could be relevant.

I have a new customer who purchased a c368 brand new, and since the beginning, have had issues scanning to folder. Their c364 was configured exactly the same way on the network, same port, same everything. The issue is, intermittently, the screen gets stuck at the sending screen. As soon as you touch "stop job" the machine freezes. Putting the machine into sub power and then waking it back up, it fails to complete the job due to power off. But the machine will work fine, and there is a chance trying the same scan job will work perfectly. But about every other scan job does this.

Never had a problem printing or copying.

The company who sold them the machine did have the latest G00-R9 firmware installed. I flashed the firmware, no change. But the changelog PDF for that firmware says the function version is updated to 4.1. This machine function version is 3.4.

Ultimately, my question is: does the firmware update not actually update the function version as well?

This is uncharted territory for us, our fleet is made up of mostly 4 series.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

You have to set version manually - by setting Software SW 25 to A0

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jotunn View Post
    You have to set version manually - by setting Software SW 25 to A0
    I doubt this is the cause of my problem but I will give it a shot when I go back tomorrow.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boltaction View Post
    Hey guys, I may catch hell for not submitting a new thread, but this could be relevant.

I have a new customer who purchased a c368 brand new, and since the beginning, have had issues scanning to folder. Their c364 was configured exactly the same way on the network, same port, same everything. The issue is, intermittently, the screen gets stuck at the sending screen. As soon as you touch "stop job" the machine freezes. Putting the machine into sub power and then waking it back up, it fails to complete the job due to power off. But the machine will work fine, and there is a chance trying the same scan job will work perfectly. But about every other scan job does this.

Never had a problem printing or copying.

The company who sold them the machine did have the latest G00-R9 firmware installed. I flashed the firmware, no change. But the changelog PDF for that firmware says the function version is updated to 4.1. This machine function version is 3.4.

Ultimately, my question is: does the firmware update not actually update the function version as well?

This is uncharted territory for us, our fleet is made up of mostly 4 series.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
    I'd suspect a HDD issue when failing can give this kind of symptom, try unplugging & booting up or try a replacement as a test any size will do.

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I'd suspect a HDD issue when failing can give this kind of symptom, try unplugging & booting up or try a replacement as a test any size will do.

I suspected that as well, however the machine boots up just fine. An intermitten HDD issue is possible and will be one of the things I try.

Verified Solution!
    I recently was having issues loading firmware.. stuck at 2 fins on screen.. had already done many firmware updates in prior months to same machines. Then had 2 stubborn machines... turns out I had to LEAVE THE FRONT DOOR OPEN while loading the firmware. Loaded fine on both machines.. after many different USB sticks. low level formatting the usb's.. trying different unzip utilities... Remember leave the door open!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Hoping to clarify...Firmware fixes problems and bugs, but also adds functionality. The functionality is added when you upgrade the funciton version..So you have 3 things to worry about when adding new firmware

1. Trying to fix a problem where screen freezes after selecting another feature-F/W update
    2. Trying to utlize SMB 3.0 - Firmware update and function version up as well
    3. F/W and function version upgrade caused print drivers to fail- Print driver version must match function version. E
    Last edited by emujo2; 07-23-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Not sure if anyone mentioned it or even if your problem but try leaving front door open while downloading FW. Not sure if there is a bulletin about this and / or a rep from Kon/Min told me. I had a C368 that would not recognize any flash drive I tried. Several that I had used many times on other models with no problems. Left front door open and Bingo! It worked!

Something to keep in mind if any trouble loading F/W where it doesn't recognize the flash drive and boots right up to regular screen.

ADDED this after I posted. Ha-ha I see someone did post about the front door. Well I can confirm it works!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Leaving the front door open was assoscited with Sub CPU and SATA drive updates. I'm happy that it works for you, but the door should have nothing to do with reading the USB drive. E

Certified Konica Expert 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo2 View Post
    Leaving the front door open was assoscited with Sub CPU and SATA drive updates. I'm happy that it works for you, but the door should have nothing to do with reading the USB drive. E
    FWIW, when i worked with 2 KMBS DSMs they insist on leaving the door open when running any firmware, partial or complete.
    gotta be an undocumented reason i suppose.