Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Excel job control checked but setting grayed out

Re: Excel job control checked but setting grayed out

The post above is correct but it should not be greyed on on the 64 bit server if I understand things correctly

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The special driver worked to eliminate the pop-up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

morthius

First you have to have at least local admin rights on your workstation then go through the following convoluted process to uncheck the Excel Job Control option (this is for Windows 10 64 bit not sure if it works in other environments):

- Go to settings > devices > printers & scanners - select your Muratec printer and click manage

then go to Hardware properties (don't click printing preferences or printer properties the excel job control will be grayed out in these avenues)

on the general tab click "change settings" at the bottom (if needed type in the admin user and password)

then in the same dialogue go to the settings tab and click Devices and Printers Folder,

in the Devices and Printers window right click on the Printer and select Printer Properties

In the printer properties window on the general tab select preferences

On the "other" tab the check box for Excel Job control should not be grayed out uncheck it click okay and close your other windows

This is what worked for me. For some reason you have to click the "change settings" in the properties window or they box remains grayed out I'm no expert so I don't know the why of it all

Quote Originally Posted by morthius View Post
    First you have to have at least local admin rights on your workstation then go through the following convoluted process to uncheck the Excel Job Control option (this is for Windows 10 64 bit not sure if it works in other environments):

- Go to settings > devices > printers & scanners - select your Muratec printer and click manage

then go to Hardware properties (don't click printing preferences or printer properties the excel job control will be grayed out in these avenues)

on the general tab click "change settings" at the bottom (if needed type in the admin user and password)

then in the same dialogue go to the settings tab and click Devices and Printers Folder,

in the Devices and Printers window right click on the Printer and select Printer Properties

In the printer properties window on the general tab select preferences

On the "other" tab the check box for Excel Job control should not be grayed out uncheck it click okay and close your other windows

This is what worked for me. For some reason you have to click the "change settings" in the properties window or they box remains grayed out I'm no expert so I don't know the why of it all
    I created an account just to thank you.

THANKS !!! It works all well now thanks to you.
    Have a great day my friend!