Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C364 scan to email stops working

Call the servicing company and demand ask them to upgrade the firmware to the latest version as it is not working with the email server you are using. It does not matter that it works with theirs or not. I can make most any machine work using relay.appriver.com on port 2525 with a valid domain email. Does not have to be an actual email, just a valid domain name. Does not mean it will work with Office365 or Google. Tell them specifically the Google/Office365 firmware upgrade. If they do not know what you are talking about then you need to find another company.

Thanks for the quick reply. Having quite a bit of experience in computer engineering I'm familiar with the risks and would be comfortable with performing the upgrade. But if the firmware is limited access only, I guess we have to convince the dealer to perform the upgrade or replace the unit with a newer model under guarantee. Its a shame though, generally once you've bought a product the firmware updates are made available for free. I guess its not like that in printer world.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    C364 scan to email stops working

Quote Originally Posted by Johan111 View Post
    A very old thread, but here goes anyway. My company recently bought a second hand C364 that has been in moderate use for a few years (don't know exactly how many). Everything else seems to work fine, but scanning to email does not. Depending on how I set up SMTP I get either Server Connection Error or TX Forward Error. The server is a private virtual server from a hosting service provider that uses SMTP authentication over SSL. I haven't received an answer regarding which versions of SSL/TLS they accept yet, but the symptoms look very much like the issue described by the original poster. The dealers the machine came from said they haven't upgraded the firmware as they got it working with their email server. Unfortunately I don't have the firmware number at hand at the moment, but it was definitely function version 1.

Does anyone know if a newer version of firmware is available for this model? Or where the "temporary" workaround versions are available? Attempting a download via ISW produced nothing. Googling for the firmware also gives no results. I would assume the firmware is available for free, or am I mistaken?
    Hi,

In order to scan to email using SSS/TLS you will need to update the firmware on your C364.

There is a ‘version up’ firmware upgrade this gives your C364 the same functionality as the C364e (later model) enabling you to scan via O365 & gmail etc.

See link below for further info.

https://mega.nz/#!lEsCCYBA!yLAZNyClQ...7Zl0GiHcNn4dw0
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Sorry for resurrecting this zombie of a thread, but i have quite an interesting thing to share, since i've encountered very similar problem and i was fighting it since last week.
    I had this situation with different machines sending email, but clients not recieving them. I've tried different domains on my hosting, even some cheap ass email hostings and nothing seems to work, and today i've managed to speak to an it guy from the company that hosts our services and asked him to check e-mail logs.
    It turned out, that despite of the clients having different domains at different providers, they all had their mail connected to outlook.
    When i've added a private email address of a gal i was talking to, that she had on gmail or whatever, it worked just fine. SO...
    GJ microsoft, i guess?

aaa1.pngaaa2.png