Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Re: reset tool, A145FW.tar

Quote Originally Posted by rkamvsjj View Post
    We lost the CE Password some one changed it thats why I used the NVRAM tool with doubt whether it will work or not with Develop machine

When I flashed Reset tool file it says Data copied then I restarted the machine hoping that restore message will come but it was keep rebooting. I am not sure that the file i used is for KM 284 e machine don't know whether It will work with Develop 284E

Be cool It is my own printer and I am learning hope you all had same experience at least one point of time in your life so no more complaining Enjoy the life with simple way
    If when you used the reset tool the screen said the copier had been initialized, then it apparently works on your brand of copier (at least somewhat). What should have happened after you used it was 1) power off the copier, 2) removed the USB flash drive, 3) power back on the copier, 4) allow copier to cycle 3 times (it reboots automatically), 5) after the 3rd reboot, select Recover Data on the touchscreen.

It sounds like the you didn't let the copier reboot 3 times and interrupted the rebooting? If so, TRY to reset again. No guarantees that this is going to work. I believe that if the reset is performed more than once, the copier MAY NOT reboot 3 times on subsequent resets. In any case, leave the copier alone until the Recover Data message on the screen can be selected. Once you have rebooted the copier after the rest, it should not take more than 15 minutes total for the on-screen button to become selectable. That time is based on the copier actually going through it's 3 reboots.

Hopefully this will get the copier to boot back up to a usable state. If not, you will definitely need to call in a WELL TRAINED technician to dig yourself out of this hole...
    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 3 years.
    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    reset tool, A145FW.tar

Quote Originally Posted by rkamvsjj View Post
    We lost the CE Password some one changed it thats why I used the NVRAM tool with doubt whether it will work or not with Develop machine
    That was your 1st mistake------It's an E series copier. I don't want future readers of these posts to be misled and make the same mistake so.......

For future reference : The way to recover the CE password on the E series machines is not with the reset tool. That only applies to the non E machines. For the E machines see below:

WARNING: DO NOT use the Reset Tool on the “4e” Series. Instead, use the following reset procedure.
    1. Press the [Menu] key.
    2. Touch [Counter].
    3. Touch the following keys in this order; Stop  0  0  Stop  0  1.
    4. Touch the following keys in this order; Stop  Clear.
    5. Three items are shown below.
    Printer Serial Number
    MAC address
    CE Password Reset Request Code.

6. Access LMS for Administrator using a PC connected to the Internet.
    7. Click Login.
    8. Click Issue Reset Code

9. Enter Printer Serial Number, MAC address and CE Password Reset Request Code.

10. Click Issue.

12. LMS issues CE Password Reset Code.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    That was your 1st mistake------It's an E series copier. I don't want future readers of these posts to be misled and make the same mistake so.......

For future reference : The way to recover the CE password on the E series machines is not with the reset tool. That only applies to the non E machines. For the E machines see below:

WARNING: DO NOT use the Reset Tool on the “4e” Series. Instead, use the following reset procedure.
    1. Press the [Menu] key.
    2. Touch [Counter].
    Printer Serial Number
    MAC address

7. Click Login.

10. Click Issue.

Totally agree.
    It will not work on e-series. Starting from e-models and Up CE Password Reset has to be performed the way you described.
    Plus the guy has the file A145FW.tar which is for color models. For B&W KM machines: bizhub 224e/284e/364e/454e/554e,
    correct file would be A161FFW .
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    reset tool, A145FW.tar

1. Press the [Menu] key.
    2. Touch [Counter].
    Printer Serial Number
    MAC address

7. Click Login.

10. Click Issue.

Old post I know but do you have the URL for the LMS for Administrator please?

Basically we have dozens of e series machines taken on for which the CE passwords have been changed so we are now 'up the creek without a paddle'

Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

reset tool, A145FW.tar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Old post I know but do you have the URL for the LMS for Administrator please?

Basically we have dozens of e series machines taken on for which the CE passwords have been changed so we are now 'up the creek without a paddle'

Maybe one of the below:

https://lms.konicaminolta.com/Licens...port_free.aspx

https://licensemanage.com/LMS_025.aspx
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

reset tool, A145FW.tar

Thanks for your prompt reply, however this is the error i'm receiving when entering the serial number.

Error.jpg

reset tool, A145FW.tar

Thanks for your prompt reply, however this is the error i'm receiving when entering the serial number.

Error.jpg

Sorry, try this LMS page instead:

https://lms.konicaminolta.com/licens...pport_mng.aspx

Click Login
    Click issue reset code

But this above page assumes you already have a user name and password for the LMS. If you don't have that then I believe you have the option of registering your machine with LMS which should generate a username/password you can use in the future

or

Call Konica support and have them generate a license key for you.

It looks confusing.....I think I am going to try this weekend when I have time and register a mfp we have here on the LMS and see if I can discover how to get to the info you need. If I am successful I will report back to you.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-18-2020 at 10:48 PM.

reset tool, A145FW.tar

Error.jpg
    Ok, just tried to register with my email address with LMS and got a message that said we are already an authorized registered user.

So I requested a password login via email from Konica. They responded with a login (my email) and a password. Just forwarded that email they sent me to your sales@copierfirmware email address. Feel free to use my login info if that helps. But , honestly still not sure how this confusing LMS system works.

reset tool, A145FW.tar

Ok, just tried to register with my email address with LMS and got a message that said we are already an authorized registered user.

So I requested a password login via email from Konica. They responded with a login (my email) and a password. Just forwarded that email they sent me to your sales@copierfirmware email address. Feel free to use my login info if that helps. But , honestly still not sure how this confusing LMS system works.
    Perfect I appreciate your help.

But I agree I can log in enter my Bizhub serial number but nowhere can I see how to reset a lost CE password?

reset tool, A145FW.tar

Perfect I appreciate your help.

But I agree I can log in enter my Bizhub serial number but nowhere can I see how to reset a lost CE password?
    Strange, we all know of that bulletin that came out for the E series stating that a lost CE password must now be reset on the 4E series using the LMS but I never actually had to do it yet. I assumed it would be an easy thing to follow the steps outlined in the bulletin. Apparently not.

What I do know about the LMS is:

It was first created when the C452 series was being sold for the sole purpose of adding licenses (permissions to use purchased features)

Very basic website, super cheesy, that LMS website looks like something from the old 1990 computing days.

Adding licenses, that part actually works well, but it seems like they added that CE password recovery option to the License system as an after thought to make it easier on us by eliminating the need to use the reset tool. I signed on to my trimmed down subchannel dealer version of MKM and couldn't find much on the CE password reset procedure other than that bulletin. On the other hand, there is a wealth of info on MKM using LMS for manually activating features or also activating features using the License install utility or logging into the marketplace app for adding licenses.

But not much else to point you in the right direction with that CE password reset. But, there has got to be a way to do it, Hopefully someone here on the forum will have the info/experience needed to help us to be able to perform the reset procedure.

So, calling all tech's---anybody that has actually used the LMS to successfully reset a CE password please reply here and help out Copier Tech.
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-19-2020 at 01:28 PM.